Washed Blue Dye - Hollow VIP

I realise it was a while ago that you built this, but may I ask, how did you order a hollow body with an f-hole and recessed controls? On Warmoth's site I can only bring up recessed controls on solid or chambered bodies, and f-holes only on full hollow. I was hoping to do the f-hole & recessed combination but I'll be damned if I can find the option anywhere.

Either it's a phone order item, a combination they don't offer anymore, or a one-off showcase item.  I noticed the recessed option goes away if you pick hollow on the builder.

Back when I ordered the guitar, it was an option.  But I did notice the other day that it had gone away.  I would call warmoth direct to order if you decide to go forward.  The recessed controls really are a nice touch!  Just make sure you order long shaft pot switches to go thru the body.  The push/push switches that warmoth sells won't clear.  Atleast the ones I got, won't.  I had to order push/pull pots from stewmac to clear and allow coil tapping of the pups.

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Potentiometers/Push-pull_Pots.html

Close, that is actually a 1998 fender American big apple stratocaster in shoreline gold. Not many around, but a sweet axe! The pearly gates plus bridge pickup is currently getting rewound at Seymour ducan's custom shop.

Paul-less said:
Sexy baby, but I still stand by my opinion: All guitars with 2 buckers need at least 4 control routs (a fifth for pickup switching is suggested)

Agreed, that is one sexy guitar, but I respectfully disagree about the control routs. I'm a single-volume, single-tone kinda guy.

Love that bridge, too! Nice job. You deserve to be proud.

Altar said:
You still planning on parting it out? cause I want that neck plate. :headbang1:

She's all mine now!
What do you have to trade for the neckplate?

This beauty. solid gold. yup... :icon_jokercolor:
img2012100400615.jpg

The only thing I really have to trade is a morgan silver dollar?

It was on my dads homemade strat. I can have him sign it in silver sharpie if that would convince you to trade!

Think about it, silver, gold, and a fancy signature... Tell me you don't want it.

I'll throw in this amazing light bulb too! Come on, you know you want to make the trade!!!
img2012100400619.jpg

Seriously though, what about the silver dollar? morgan, 1921. I've got other coins too if you're interested.

Sorry to hear that bro.
Just remember The Queen of Hearts is always your best bet!  :cool01:

Back