Washed Blue Dye - Hollow VIP

MN_JDTele

Finally finished up my VIP this week...been accouple months of messing with it here and there.  Here are the Specs:

Body:
Standard Hollow VIP - Washed Blue Dye Flame Maple Top - Clear Mahogany back with taped binding

Neck:
Pro Angled - Indian Rosewood w/Rosewood board - 1 11/16" nut - '59 roundback - 6150 Frets - 10-16" Compound Radius - MOP Dots - Black TUSQ XL nut

Hardware:
Gold Gotoh 510 Bridge
Gold Rio Grande TX/BBQ 4 conductor pups and creme pickup rings
Push/Push pots - gold knobs
Gold LP 3-way switch with creme knob
Gold Switchcraft flushmount output jack
Gold schaller strap locks and buttons
Gold Grover roto-grip locking tuners
DangerousR6 Neckplate

Not the best pictures, but will have to do until the sun comes out again!

VIP001.jpg

VIP002.jpg

VIP006.jpg

VIP003.jpg

VIP004.jpg

Neckplate by Dangerous R6
VIP005.jpg

That top reminds me of an old pair of jeans. And I mean that in a good way, with all the positive connotations possible. Nice axe.

That is exactly the look I was going for!!  I was purusing the Warmoth site one day, and saw a photo of their washed blue dye and fell in love.  When the sale came up, I decided it was time to pull the trigger.  Couldn't be happier with the results!!

Wow,    what a beauty. Love the color combo. The blue with gold hardware looks great, very classy.    :rock-on:

That's a sick VIP man, and I'm not usually into VIPs.

Great job :eek:ccasion14:.

Sexy baby, but I still stand by my opinion: All guitars with 2 buckers need at least 4 control routs (a fifth for pickup switching is suggested)

Beautiful! I had a Faded Blue Jean PRS that made me fall in love with that look. I had to let it go due to financial reasons, but I plan on building something in that color to make up for it.

How are you liking the Gotoh 510? Any issues with it?

I am liking it so far.  I used a string envelope to protect the top while stringing it up.  That would be the only complaint I would have with it...the risk of buggering the finish around the bridge if you are not carefull.  Makes for a slower string change when playing a gig.  Also not sure what kind of damage a broken string might do...

The case is a G&G strat/tele case, but the more I use it, the less I like the fit.  Too tight.  I have yet to see what anyone has found something better though?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Tooled-Western-StratTele-Guitar-Case-?sku=545884

I found it on eBay for a little less than MF.

I just ordered a VIP and assumed that a PRS case would be a perfect fit... I used to have a couple of PRSs and at the time also owned a Variax 300 which fit perfectly into the PRS case.

I tried a PRS case and my VIP would not fit into it.  I ended up getting a Roadrunner case that has a strat shape inside and its a little tight, but in time the foam has pushed back some and accepts it nicely.  Unfortunately I think they stopped making the case a year or so ago and went to the open square area for the body in the new cases.  You still may be able to find one sitting a Guitar Center.  Was just about $100.

I know this is like a year old, but your guitar reminds me of a modern eagle, just with more character  :headbang:

a.provider,m.84737,mod.media,th.thumbs3,s.pictures.jpg

That VIP rocks!  :headbang:
Cool neck plate too!
Great job!
:icon_thumright:
-DC             

Attachments

• VIP005.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 8,660
  • VIP006.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 8,304
  • VIP001.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 8,123
Well, my VIP might be for sale soon.  As a whole or parted out.  Wanting to build something else....

(Heh, got a little carried away there he he).
I am a fan. Let me know if you, and how much.

-DC

Some updated pictures.  My VIP now had a pair of duncan 59's and some blacked out hardware.  The tuner buttons are made of ebony, and I added a rosewood t-rod cover.  Sent you a PM, DustyCat!

Guitar003.jpg

Guitar004.jpg

Guitar005.jpg

Guitar007.jpg

Guitar006.jpg

Guitar008.jpg

Guitar009.jpg

Guitar010.jpg

Guitar011.jpg

Back