Warning from a lost soul

Guys, I'm confused and think you might be able to help. Anyone know why the Berlin government is asking me not to throw frets in the river (see picture)?

Attachments

• signal-2021-01-29-085254.jpg
    signal-2021-01-29-085254.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 202
index.php
This is why you shouldn't attempt to translate idioms. I believe the german equivalent is Schwamm drüber.

Don't Fret = No Worries = "Sponge over" in german.

swarfrat said:
This is why you shouldn't attempt to translate idioms. I believe the german equivalent is Schwamm drüber.

Don't Fret = No Worries = "Sponge over" in german.

wow... that's a crazy smart way to tell a very specific group of people (i.e. fret enthusiasts who like to look down from bridges in Berlin) to not worry.

Schwamm drüber. Just follow my channel for more expert opinions on the nuances of language and translation.
_45162744_-2.jpg

(The welsh part of the sign translated actually means: "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated.")

swarfrat said:
Schwamm drüber. Just follow my channel for more expert opinions on the nuances of language and translation.
_45162744_-2.jpg

(The welsh part of the sign translated actually means: "I am not in the office at the moment. Send any work to be translated.")

ok now that's hilarious!!  can I share that??

It's not mine, steal away.  I recall it being from the days of usenet. Definitely from when I was in college.

Back