warmoth, you're starting to scare me...

rockskate4x

It scares me that this made it into the showcase. If you are going to make big mistakes like this, at least turn them into firewood, instead of showing 'em to us. Anyone else scared?

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=T2640&Body=2&Path=Body

The tunomatic bridge & tailpiece routes are always offset like that. It's just more noticeable on that body for some reason.

only the tom should be offset for intonation. the tailpiece itself is way off mark. There would be some serious string alignment issues here. I think they'd pop outa the saddles if you strummed too hard.

dNA said:
whoa. talk about odd. How does a CNC machine do that??
The CNC machine didn't do it, the operator did. The machine just does what it's programed to do... :doh:

Whats worse is they completely failed to route the upper horn. Travesty indeed.  :laughing7:

I'd jjust fill the back two in and put one of these on it... :icon_biggrin:
c4d45185e129f2751bf0cc2d70e4068b.jpg

Or a Floyd...

Yeah, that is disturbing. Did anyone send them a heads up, pointing out the error? It looks to me like the STP and TOM holes were done in reverse.

At first glance I thought the issue was they made a horrid perimeter route on an otherwise decent Les Paul. :icon_jokercolor:

pabloman said:
At first glance I thought the issue was they made a horrid perimeter route on an otherwise decent Les Paul. :icon_jokercolor:

I guess for a Les Paul that's par for the course.

This one's still salvageable by an individual, just plug the tailpiece holes and shoot it solid, put a Gotoh 510 on it. But it should be in screaming deals soon.

The photo manipulation process:
1) I drew the first vertical red line along the left side ( as you see it ) of the neck pocket.
2) I rotated the main image of the body to align the edge of the neck pocket, as closely as possible, to the vertical red line.
3) Cloned the first vertical red line and moved the duplicate to the right side ( as you see it ) of the neck pocket.
4) drew the horizontal line.

center_line.jpg

Now here is my general question:
Is the center line of a warmoth body supposed to be exactly parallel to the edge of the neck pocket and consequently the center line of the neck?

Anyway, compare this image to any of the Les Paul bodies in the show case and something seems to be wrong with,
not only the stop tail piece stud hole on the right, but also the bridge stud holes when assuming there is a center line to follow.

Maybe it is just a bad picture and the tripod for the camera was off center ?

This is pretty surprising. I had ordered a neck from warmoth and a couple weeks ago they emailed me saying that the neck had been rejected by QC and they were going to have to rebuild it. So seeing this is kinda...surprising.

Steve, according to the pickup routes, your lines are off. or maybe the entire thing is off,I think the machine got bumped real good somewhere between the outer route and the bridge route.

and yes it could be fixed pretty easy, just fill a few holes and put the tail piece on. I think filling all 4 bridge holes, a tail piece and a jazz/acoustic style bridge would look real killer.

infact, look at the routes on the right side of either picckup, that thing was bumped out of place somehow, I bet more than just a few things are mis aligned

Back