Warmoth Velocity body Nylon String Guitar

Here is a concept of what I call the Spanish Velocity guitar. With a flat top Velocity body, warhead superwide neck, gold hardware including Sperzel nyloc tuners, string through body (ball end nylon strings) flat mounted hard tail bridge with graphtech ghost pickup saddles, volume control.

Idea is based on a video I found on YouTube by Traq guitars with a demo of a solid body strat shape body nylon string guitar he made.

Of course it can can in many finishes and different wood type options.

Also can be configured as a steel string edition Western Velocity or jazz configuration Jazz Velocity

Attachments

• Spanish Velocity.png
    Spanish Velocity.png
    747.4 KB · Views: 368
  • Spanish Velocity.png
    Spanish Velocity.png
    747.4 KB · Views: 210
I’m eager to build something like this to but when it comes to the bridge and electronics I don’t know where to start.  If you build I’ll be following closely

Do you think you'd get too much buzzing with a regular width neck? My problem with nylon string guitars has always been the wide and flat fretboard. If I could have one with a strat neck, I'd probably play it. I just figured that wouldn't work for some reason.

Rick said:
I’m eager to build something like this to but when it comes to the bridge and electronics I don’t know where to start.  If you build I’ll be following closely

This! Especially if you can come up with a good piezo system for the bridge. I'd be very interested to see/hear the results.

https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=30895.msg434845#msg434845
The referenced build uses a ghost system, but I see the wires coming out of the saddles.  If there was a way to hide them I'd be all in.

Class if you read this can you divulge which bridge plate your going to use?

I saw that. Same idea,
.    But as far as I can tell the only way to buy that bridge is to buy a used line 6 guitar 
I see a phone call to graph tech in my future.

:dontknow:

I reckon you could also select the bridge of your choice and then engage the services of a competent machinist, like our very own DangerousR6, to drill slots like those found on the Line6 part.

Thank you big B, that’s a good idea.  Now I just have to get thru my current build.

I wonder if routing the guitar for the LR Baggs fixed bridge, but getting a gotoh fixed bridge and drilling it out for the the wire holes would work.  Need to think on this.

Does any here have any pics of the LR Baggs fixed bridge rout offered by warmoth?

spe111 said:
Do you think you'd get too much buzzing with a regular width neck? My problem with nylon string guitars has always been the wide and flat fretboard. If I could have one with a strat neck, I'd probably play it. I just figured that wouldn't work for some reason.

Seen this?

https://www.spanishguitarplayer.com/nylocaster-guitars

Back