Warmoth Today blog

Wyliee

Hi folks,

We've updated the Warmoth Today page and turned it in to a real blog.

Today's update is a new product announcement for bass players.  Customers have been asking for top routed Deluxe 5 JBass bodies for a long, long time.They're finally here!  How about a D5 Geddy?  Or something else really cool?

image.axd

Hmm. Interesting.

The tiny pickguard reminds me just a little bit of a Tom Clements bass.
4601front.jpg

The control plate positioning looks a bit off, btw. :icon_scratch:

The lower part of the plate juts off over the bevel, you can see it really clearly in the picture with the flash glare over the bevel.

line6man said:

+1. i noticed that too. it's REALLY close to the edge of the body. could have just been the angle or maybe it wasn't super carefully placed for the picture.

looks awesome though! can you guys route for a 5 string p-bass pickup?

JaySwear said:
line6man said:
+1. i noticed that too. it's REALLY close to the edge of the body. could have just been the angle or maybe it wasn't super carefully placed for the picture.

OTOH, IME, control plates and pickguards NEVER seem line up properly, and I always have to reshape my pickguard a bit to get everything in properly.
With a little bit of shaping on the bass side of the V joint on the pickguard, you might be able to angle the control plate to not go over the edge as much.

BTW, if you take a real close look at my black Jazz bass, I'm pushing just a bit close to the edge with my control plate. (Top part.)
4175315263_8d368b3598_b.jpg

line6man said:

The lower part of the plate juts off over the bevel, you can see it really clearly in the picture with the flash glare over the bevel.

Good call.  Bad positioning for the Showcase photo.  I've done a couple prototypes and it lined up well with some care.

Blog update.

Today is an experiment from the paint shop.  This started out with a green dye top and got a brown burstover with natural masked binding.  I think a wenge/macassar ebony neck would be a great addition and really round out the overall theme.

image.axd

Or how about an ipe board and make it a booger guitar??? :laughing7:

Wyliee said:

Oh, man, you had to insult that nice looking guitar? I like it. Of course, the guitar in my avatar might have something to do with that.

Wyliee said:
Blog update.

Today is an experiment from the paint shop.  This started out with a green dye top and got a brown burstover with natural masked binding.  I think a wenge/macassar ebony neck would be a great addition and really round out the overall theme.

image.axd

I really like it.

lafromla1 said:
I think a rear rout would have suited it better.....

Though I'm inclined to agree with you, it can add some variety.Instead of having the exact same configuration every time there is figured wood.

How about no routing on a showcase body and leave it up to the purchaser to decide it they want front or rear routing. I've seen many bodies that were nice, but the choice of routing made them less desirable.

Death by Uberschall said:
How about no routing on a showcase body and leave it up to the purchaser to decide it they want front or rear routing. I've seen many bodies that were nice, but the choice of routing made them less desirable.

definitely agree. or at least leave the bridge route untouched. i've seen a few awesome strat bodies that were routed for a tremolo, so they weren't for me. i wish they would leave the bridge routing alone completely so people could decide trem/hardtail and what kind of each. would be nice

JaySwear said:
Death by Uberschall said:

definitely agree. or at least leave the bridge route untouched. i've seen a few awesome strat bodies that were routed for a tremolo, so they weren't for me. i wish they would leave the bridge routing alone completely so people could decide trem/hardtail and what kind of each. would be nice

[/quote]

Amen to this...

I have seen many beautiful pieces that have been slaughtered with a front routing.  Let the wood shine.
Similarly, I have passed up several bodies simply for the fact that they were routed for a tremolo and I am a hardtail type of guy...
I realize this is a matter of mass production and pricing; however, I would certainly be willing to pay extra for options.
Just my thoughts  :rock-on:

Back