Warmoth.....thoughts

vic108

I'm prob older than everyone here. Back in the day, you didn't have many choices...
You either stuck with 'off the shelf' guitars or you took one and modified one and killed the resale value.

I remember in '69 or '70 when Ricky Rat took his '60-something tele he bought new and added a humbucker
to it in the middle position with a toggle switch to turn it on & off. Trimmed the PG so it didn't look bad
and did an OK job considering. Where he got the idea back then - dunno. I'm told he may still have that guitar.
That was the guitar I learned to play on and it started my life-long love affair with Tele's.

Years ago when =CB= turned me (and alot of other people) onto Warmoth, I first thought - this can't be real.
Sure, I heard about places that sold parts but the service and/or parts were always 'iffy'.
When he showed me the work he completed with his Warmoth bought goods I was stunned.
After playing one of his creations, I had to have it!
Lookin' through the gallery at the items, parts, etc... and other folks projects, it was like a dream come true.

You got an idea for a guitar? BUILD IT! How cool is that?
So when you are thinking about your next 'gotta have' killer project, think about how lucky you are
to have a good company to help you fullfil your dreams with. It wasn't always the case.

I don't know the company's history or how long they have been in biz or who even works there
but consider yourself lucky. And with this forum to ask for pointers and tips, you can't go wrong!

Gather up all the knowledge you can because it will be with you for a lifetime....

(end of rant - back to the show!)

I was stunned too the first time I played that guitar, but it was because ground switch on the amp was flipped wrong way around..... 

The only problem with assembling a guitar from parts, is that you cant stop at "just one", there's always more to follow.

You guys are OLD, when I was a kid Warmoth already was big :laughing7:

It's great to have people from the old times here on forum, I'm glad!

Yah, old.  Still rockin.  Still riding.  And still learning <---- the key to staying young is to LEARN something all the time.  You stop using the noggin, and you might as well crawl in the back of the hearse for a nap.

Anyway, whats old?  When I was less than a year old, the hit-single was Volare.  Cars had fins, gas was 19.9 for regular and 21.9 for "Hi-Test".  Color TV was more than half a decade away.  And, Leo was in his heyday.

=CB= said:
Yah, old.  Still rockin.  Still riding.  And still learning <---- the key to staying young is to LEARN something all the time.  You stop using the noggin, and you might as well crawl in the back of the hearse for a nap.

Anyway, whats old?  When I was less than a year old, the hit-single was Volare.  Cars had fins, gas was 19.9 for regular and 21.9 for "Hi-Test".  Color TV was more than half a decade away.   And, Leo was in his heyday.

I may be a young whippersnapper, but I like the way you think CB. I had a prof at university that said that the day you died was the day you didn't learn something new. It's a philosophy I take to heart.

Max said:
I've thought for years old is a state of mind  :icon_thumright:

You'll soon discover that your body doesn't work as good as when you are 16 after a while... I have over estimated mine and now having a really hard time to get back to the old shape... The difference is that some (not everybody) learn how to work with the limitations... (I haven't yet :laughing7:)

=CB= said:

Anyway, whats old?  When I was less than a year old, the hit-single was Volare.  Cars had fins, gas was 19.9 for regular and 21.9 for "Hi-Test".  Color TV was more than half a decade away.   And, Leo was in his heyday.

Volare hit the Billboard Hot 100 in 1958.  I was born in 57', so I am right there with ya.  Also, still rockin' and still riding...
However, I don't consider either of us old.  I prefer experienced...
I truly feel that age is just a state of mind.  Yes, my body thinks otherwise at times, but I certainly don't consider myself old :headbang:

I was born the year Nevermind came out. And Dirt (Alice in Chains) and Unplugged (Eric Clapton). Hello, '92.

=CB= said:
I was stunned too the first time I played that guitar, but it was because ground switch on the amp was flipped wrong way around..... 

The only problem with assembling a guitar from parts, is that you cant stop at "just one", there's always more to follow.

or for that matter building them from scratch, the body's anyway?

p.s. not as old at 44 but close

Well... I chose warmoth... to make a guitar that mixed what I like about other guitars. But I didn't do enough research on the neck stuff. I love the sound, though.

Back