Warmoth Strat "Quartzcaster"

DeltyVQ

Took me a little while to build but my guitar is finally finished  :headbang:

I think installing guitar electronics has given me crippling depression and the soldering iron has given my finger calluses 3rd degree burns.
But finally after a lot of screw ups it's finally done  :hello2:

Attachments

• WARMOTH.png
    WARMOTH.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,295
Yeah, you gotta be careful. Soldering irons have been known to cause adverse reactions in laboratory animals. And if you think lab rats get agitated when you insert the probe tip, you oughta see 'em shortly after you plug the iron in. They don't like that at all  :laughing7:

But, I digress.

That's a fine-looking Strat you've put together there, Mr. VQ. If it sounds as good as it looks, you must be very pleased.

Steve_Karl said:
Yes!
Very nice looking.
Specific details about the parts would be nice to hear.

Oh yes my apologies.

Chambered Strat with a 25.5 scale length
Purple dyed flame maple top on Roasted Swamp Ash w/ pearloid binding and a black back
Universal routed and with a 2TEK bridge
Hot P90 neck pickup and an MJ-made JB Trembucker for the bridge connected to 1 meg tone and volume pots
Q-parts purple crystal dome knobs
Pearloid pickguard with the delonge volume position

standard thin Warhead neck
Roasted Maple with Ebony fretboard & pearloid diamond inlays (w/ first fret omitted)
Earvana Graphtech TUSQ XL nut
10-16 compound radius with SS6105 stainless frets
Schaller locking tuners
Abalone side dots (to blend in with the pearloid binding to train me not to look down when playing on stage)

Hehe! Yeah. And suppress the instinct to catch it if it falls off the bench/table.

I did it once. Soldering some wires on a speaker cabinet above my head. Was blindly groping around for the iron. I found it.

Cagey said:
So, how do you like that 2Tek bridge? Would you use another one?

Oh yes definitely. Since I've only used a tuneomatic really in the past it's taking me a little while to get comfortable with when it comes to palm muting though but yeah, it's awesome. Any order from Warmoth will include a 2Tek if possible :D

I keep tripping over the price. I can appreciate there's a lot of machine work there, but still. It's a lotta money for a hardtail.

Cagey said:
I keep tripping over the price. I can appreciate there's a lot of machine work there, but still. It's a lotta money for a hardtail.

I guess I'll never TRULY be able to hand on heart tell you that it's 100% worth it because I don't have another guitar that's the exact same but with a different bridge to compare.
When it comes to value for money, I guess I'd say it's not that great, let's be real. The only other experience I have with bridges is really a tuneomatic, never played a bridge that comes down this so it's kinda new to me altogether if I'm honest.

But I likey ^_^

That's ok. I like the design, so I'll probably pop for one sooner or later. I've certainly spent more for less in the past "just because". The heart wants what the heart wants  :laughing7:

Back