Warmoth should come out with a try-a-neck program

pantshappened

I've been researching lately to do a build and the hardest thing to choose so far, simply because you can't try them out, is the neck profile! I've heard numerous times that their Standard Thin is thinner than the description leads you to believe? And sure you can go by other people's testimonies, but someone's opinion of thin or chunky and anywhere in between, could definitely be different than your own. But I remembered my girl friend doing this thing with an eye glasses company where you pick, I think it was, 3 or 4 frames to try and see how they look (it was free though, shipping and all). Warmoth should do that with necks! Pick 3 different neck profiles and they just send the shafts, unfretted even,  just so you can feel the contour of different profiles before you buy. Even if I had to pay shipping. I'd pay $20 each way, or whatever it'd be, to save the hassle of a neck I don't like the feel of. Even if there was a $10-$20 charge. But chances are your be getting a neck afterwards so they'd make money either way. And then you know which necks you like the best instead of having to wonder. Just saying it'd be cool is all

Not really a need to.
Every Back Contour that they offer can be referenced in just about any Guitar Center.  The only exceptions would be the SRV & The Wolfgang, but even those are finding their way into the standard inventory of just about every GC.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Not really a need to.
Every Back Contour that they offer can be referenced in just about any Guitar Center.  The only exceptions would be the SRV & The Wolfgang, but even those are finding their way into the standard inventory of just about every GC.

But even then. I've seen posts on forums of people saying a certain neck was supposed to feel just like a another neck from a company and when they get it saying it was pretty different than they expected. It's not like it's going to happen anyways hah just saying it'd be cool to feel EXACTLY what you'd be getting as opposed to trying something it's supposed to be like. But I get you, if you know ahead of time that what you're ordering should be slightly thicker or thinner than another neck you've tried, you should be good

They do have a 10 day satisfaction guarantee. There are some limitations to it, but they're only to be expected. Can't be custom and the thing has to be re-sellable, which basically means all you can do is fondle a relatively standard part. Any installation would probably qualify as "use" and would void the guarantee, what with drilled holes and whatnot. But, that's all you're asking for anyway - to see how the neck feels.

There's also a page that shows the various profile dimensions to give you an idea of what to expect. Their parts are made on CNC machines, so they're very consistent. Find something you like, and you can keep getting it.

Back