Warmoth practice on dyed bodies? Beware, stupid question!

mscmkr

Just a stupid question as I straighten out my first order for those who know...

If I order a maple top / mahogany dyed body, let's say blue, is the dye colour supposed to cover the whole body or just the maple face? If it is supposed to cover the whole body will there be extra charge if I want sides and back in black colour, or clear? If it is not supposed to cover the whole body what is the charge for the sides and back?

Dyes are just done on the laminate tops.  Go the the paint/dye part of the website and scroll down to where it says Dye Transitions.  There is more info there.

If you want a blue mahogany/mahogany finish, you'll need to go trans-blue rather than dye. You need to call Warmoth, they don't show the clean line option for a transparent finish.

To rephrase that a little. If I order a blue dye DL carved top (quilt maple), what colour will be the sides and back?
- black (to compliment the burst-over)?
- blue to go with the dye?
- or natural wood because I didn't specify any colour for sides and back?

I think it will be blue unless you specify otherwise, but they won't upcharge you for the back/sides color.

mscmkr said:
To rephrase that a little. If I order a blue dye DL carved top (quilt maple), what colour will be the sides and back?

You could do black or trans-blue for the back/burst over; it's unclear from the webpage as to whether the "clean line" option has an upcharge if ordering clear gloss on the back of a dyed top with binding, need to check with Warmoth on that.

jackthehack said:
mscmkr said:

You could do black or trans-blue for the back/burst over; it's unclear from the webpage as to whether the "clean line" option has an upcharge if ordering clear gloss on the back of a dyed top with binding, need to check with Warmoth on that.

i wouldn't think so with binding.

Back