warmoth les paul, my latest greatest!

Orpheo

IMAG0686.jpg

IMAG0690.jpg

IMAG0691.jpg

IMAG0692.jpg

IMAG0693.jpg

IMAG0697.jpg

Perhaps a bit clownsburst-esque , but irl, the colors blend in much nicer. i'm just a terrible photographer.

And because he's so cute:

IMAG0687.jpg

The neck is quartersawn wenge,the board us very nicely streaked ebony.the.back is white limba, the top is maple.

All gotoh hardware. The bridgepickup is a pearly gates.the neck is the.bridgemodel of the Duncan '59.

I like the neck pickup. It's Fat yet dirty harry (uhm, hairy), and a little bit on the Fat side.

The pearly gates,though,kicks major ass, though. It's like the younger brother of the jb, but as it goes with younger.brothers, the feel the need to scream louder,act more bold and rash,and kick peoples legs harder than their older brother, if they want to be heard.

I should have used this pickup earlier! Everything the air Norton lacked,this pickup has it,and then some.

Me likey!!  Looks great!

The more Les Pauls I see, the more I get the jones to build one.

I don't post too often, but that looks totally cool.

Really like how you can see the flames on the natural binding.  :rock-on:

Wyliee said:
Me likey!!  Looks great!

The more Les Pauls I see, the more I get the jones to build one.

Same here. This whole time I kept thinking "Wow, I need to build one of these!"

What's the headstock look like.

That burst is just classic, love it.

Did you have to ream out the holes on the speed knobs to get them to fit on the pot shafts?

llmstratocaster said:
That burst is just classic, love it.

Did you have to ream out the holes on the speed knobs to get them to fit on the pot shafts?

no, I always put them in hot water to soften up the plastic, and they slide on just fine.

@wylee: is this a bit how you thought the guitar would look like, completed? the assembly went so fast, I didn't have time to make pics :p I fixed the earth-issue, and now: she rocks like crazy!!!

That is quite beautiful.  Looks a little too classic for you Orph!  Just 2 pickups and an old school burst finish... I love the choice of woods though and would be really curious to hear how it sounds compared to a baseline LP.

Is the top a unique choice? If you have one - I would be very interested to see a pic of the top as posted on the warmoth website before they went and turned it into such a lovely LP.

Orpheo said:
@wylee: is this a bit how you thought the guitar would look like, completed? the assembly went so fast, I didn't have time to make pics :p I fixed the earth-issue, and now: she rocks like crazy!!!

It looks great!

The D-string looks to be a few cents flat; other than that it looks great!  With as many LP's as you have, do you have them all set up for unique tunings or is it just a quest to nail the perfect combo of options?

Corey P. said:
The D-string looks to be a few cents flat; other than that it looks great!  With as many LP's as you have, do you have them all set up for unique tunings or is it just a quest to nail the perfect combo of options?

It's a quest to nail ALL combos!

k-k-kboooman said:
Corey P. said:

It's a quest to nail ALL combos!

thats right  :party07:

@corey: what do you mean? I still have to intonate the guitar properly, but I don't seem to get a break....

a break from playing!

I was just "pretending" I could tell the guitar was out of tune from a picture.  Or was I?

Hey Orpheo ... that's a showcase body right? Damn, why do they look so much better in real life  :sad1: 

I had my eye on that one for a while but wasn't sure if it was worth the money. It clearly is  :headbang:

Back