Current version of my ever-changing pedal rig.

Volitions Advocate

I've been pretty scarce on the forums here for the past year or so,  It makes me sad because this has always been my happy little corner of the internet, but now with my move complete and midterms finished and my wife well into her second trimester, I can finally settle down a bit and start playing again.

So I've put together my pedal board with all the new gear I accumulated beginning last year and finally started to try to get it working.

First thing was a GK pup:
19343_234426088612_517473612_3253112_7049920_n.jpg

And the Required Interface:
http://www.roland.com/products/en/GI-20/index.html

then I bought my Synth I wanted to use and a decent Foot controller for it. and now I'm left with the task of programming everything to work together.

74583_446455048612_517473612_5423537_8296099_n.jpg

33693_446455118612_517473612_5423541_7148323_n.jpg

The Rundown:

Guitar pup plugged into the GK to piggyback on the 13 pin cable.  It runs to the GI-20 and splits off there.  Midi out into the Waldorf Blofeld (and midi in from the FC-300 controller) and stereo outputs to the PA for the synth.  I also have an M-Audio Axiom 49 Master keyboard to use in conjunction with my guitar for Synth and other control options.

Then the guitar signal goes out from the GI 20 into my Dunlop Wah (modded 3pdt, buffer section removed), from there through my GT-10 and the FX pedals are on its effects loop.  Stereo Out from the GT 10 into my Alesis Air FX mounted on my mic stand, and stereo out from there into my 2 amps. (which you've all seen pictures of)

I also have a TC Helicon Voice Create for adding effects to my microphone (like chorus and "Scream-thickener")

Obviously I'm not much for the KISS system.

TO DO LIST:
Cable managment.
I need some more cables,  I have enough ends on my planetwaves kit to make 2 more smaller patch cables that I will probably make for the line going from the GI 20 to the Wah pedal.  And I'm sure I'll find a use for the last one. This is why the 2 big pedals aren't sitting on the board completely yet.  I also need some nice sleek 90 degree cables for the out puts on my GT10 into the Alesis.

The Power cables are insane.  The Waldorf, Alesis, GT10, FC300, GI20, and TC voice all have their own wallwarts. and a couple of them are big. That spaghetti factory at the top is ALL power adapters.  I'm also using a 1 spot for the FX pedals.  I need to devise a system where I can jam all that crap underneath the 2nd tier and have it always plugged in with just one power cable sticking out of the pedal board to plug in for when I have to move this thing for a show.

Midi Time clock.
I need a midi timepiece that will work as a master midi clock, since the waldorf has to be at the end of the chain because it has no midi thru.  And I need this to be able to interface with the computer using USB as well.  I plan to hook in my Axiom keyboard to the system and use it and the FC 300 to control the GI-20 and the Waldorf, as well as a bunch of crap in Max MSP on the computer that I'm cooking up.  This way it can also act as a hub for the rest of the midi stuff in the band.  I'm building a new drum brain in MAX for my buddy's electric kit.

I need to figure out how and where to mount the GI 20, because it has no home.

And the last problem I need fixed is I think my GK pickup is faulty, either that or I have a setting wrong in the GI 20 but I dont think that's it.
The GK / Mix / guitar switch doesn't work properly.  I can switch from Midi only to mix just fine, but when I switch to Guitar the midi doesn't shut off.  and I've tried with a couple of different cables to make sure it wasn't the cable that is not working.  I also can't tell if the midi volume knob on the GK pup is even working.  I'm not sure what to do about the whole thing.  I've had it for a year now and I don't think it's under warranty anymore.  But this is kind of important for the whole system to work properly.  Eventually I'm going to be putting a Ghost system in each of my Warmoths and stick the GK on my Dean, since it's black anyway. 

I also need to open up my LP and fix my wiring for the neck pickup.  I don't know why it always seems to come loose and stop working. I think the problem is at the 3way switch.
And I need all new pickups and electronics for my Strat.  I still have the cheap indo-squier components inside of it, and I would like a Texas BBQ, Dirty Harry and Fat Bastard combo in there.

Hooray for complicating things.

Looks cool man!  i'm all for sweet pedalboard rigs.  Mine is in the process of a makeover as well.

Back