Warmoth Jaguar Build

fishbonetabby

I just purchased a Warmoth Jaguar body for a build I'm starting and I have a question about the post spacing on for the bridge.

The post spacing on Warmoth model bridge for this guitar is 2 7/8" while the post spacing for virtually every other Jaguar bridge is 2 29/32". Does anyone have any experience building with these bodies that could tell me if I am going to run into compatibility issues regarding the 1/32" difference? Thanks so much.

Welcome to the forum.

Those bodies are designed to work with Warmoth supplied parts, and other parts are not designed to retrofit. Perhaps avoid the problem by getting the bridge that Warmoth sell for those bodies.

Welcome to the forum.

Those bodies are designed to work with Warmoth supplied parts, and other parts are not designed to retrofit. Perhaps avoid the problem by getting the bridge that Warmoth sell for those bodies.
Thanks for your reply. I suppose the only upset is that I was hoping to use gold hardware and they don't offer that as an option.

I don't know why that is but I suspect it might be a lower selling item. I did a quick search there do seem to be 2 7/8 options out there.

You're right. I believe I may have been mistaken or that it's possible that there are different pole spacings for different models. I also could have been looking at bridges not designed for Jaguars lol. I did find a few myself although if I decide to go with chrome instead of gold I might just end up buying the Warmoth bridge.

My next research wormhole is going to be whether I can fit a Vibramate v5 Jam and install a Bigsby B5. The v5 Jam is designed to fit any guitar with a traditional jaguar/jazzmaster tremolo rout. Even if it doesn't fit the mounting holes are so tiny on the Warmoth body I feel like this is less of an issue because I can just fill them and re drill.

My next research wormhole is going to be whether I can fit a Vibramate v5 Jam and install a Bigsby B5. The v5 Jam is designed to fit any guitar with a traditional jaguar/jazzmaster tremolo rout. Even if it doesn't fit the mounting holes are so tiny on the Warmoth body I feel like this is less of an issue because I can just fill them and re drill.

Okay, perhaps one of the other forum members who may have more experience in this area of Bigsbys on offsets can weigh in on this. The only offset I have is a Jazz Bass :cool:

Though happy to cross-check any dimensions etc if you have links etc.

Last edited:
Two things that will take care of any potential problems should the post spacing be off compared to the bridge’s:

1. Consider these excenter bushings. They allow you to change the post spacing.

HJM8N_1.jpg

2. And/or consider the excellent ABM roller saddle bridge. Take special note of the adjustment it has for different post widths.

10435544_800.jpg

Two things that will take care of any potential problems should the post spacing be off compared to the bridge’s:

1. Consider these excenter bushings. They allow you to change the post spacing.

HJM8N_1.jpg

2. And/or consider the excellent ABM roller saddle bridge. Take special note of the adjustment it has for different post widths.

10435544_800.jpg

Absolutely great info! Thank you for sharing!

I'm definitely jumping in a little over my head here but I've been playing for 28 years and have a lot of experiencing setting up my own instruments. I also have a lot of experience soldering and building so I feel like the learning curve won't be as steep. I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this project.

Back