Warmoth introduces "DIY Paint-Ready" option, and multi-piece bodies!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Here is the blurb I wrote for the site:

When it comes to achieving a pro-quality finish the first steps are the most crucial, and Warmoth can do this work for you. Bodies with our "DIY Paint-Ready" option will arrive sealed, sanded to 320, basecoated, and ready for you to finish however you choose. With this prep-work done right even rattle-can finishes can look great! Our polyester basecoat is compatible with virtually all paints and topcoats, including nitro, urethane, and polyester.

You will be able to specify this on any BTO or showcase body, and you will see lots of bodies in the showcase that have it already.

Full details of the Warmoth DIY Paint-Ready option here.

You'll also start to see some 3 Piece and Multi-Piece bodies in the showcase. These will either already have, or only be eligible for, the DIY Paint-Ready option. The prices of these showcase-only bodies are discounted from our normal prices.

I suspect many would use that as a cheap 'satin' option, I would  :laughing11:

That's pretty good and making me consider doing another gold leaf body... having good sealer coat before applying the gilding size was always a challenge to avoid dust/particles/etc

i am in the contemplation stage and seen these discounted bodies,  question,  if they are paint ready,  would that mean swamp ash bodies already have grain filler or would doghair finish still be possible ?

teleme01 said:
i am in the contemplation stage and seen these discounted bodies,  question,  if they are paint ready,  would that mean swamp ash bodies already have grain filler or would doghair finish still be possible ?

That means they have the base coat, the surface is smooth and the grain is definitely filled.

The ones with basecoat have the grain filled, but there are also unfinished "3 piece for solid color" and "mulit-piece for solid color" blanks that are discounted and up for sale.

Wolff05 said:
The ones with basecoat have the grain filled, but there are also unfinished "3 piece for solid color" and "mulit-piece for solid color" blanks that are discounted and up for sale.

ok,  thats what i would need for a doghair is "unfinished" 3 piece

Never mind the "multi-piece for solid colors" - some of those bodies in the showcase look great just as they are.  :eek:ccasion14:

Is this a trial kinda thing? Will you be able to get diffrenent body models eventually?

Spud said:
Is this a trial kinda thing? Will you be able to get diffrenent body models eventually?

In the custom builders you can specify the "DIY Paint-Ready" option on any body model.

What you'll see in the in-stock showcase will - as per usual - be mostly the top sellers: Strat, Tele, J, P, etc., with the occasional inexplicable oddball.

The discounted three piece and multi-piece bodies will only be available in the showcase, and DIY Paint-Ready will be the only finish option available for them.

Back