Warmoth (Half-Moth) P-bass

DavyDave53 said:
Nice family portrait!

Which one is your favorite?

I really don't have a favorite, per se.  My mood at the time dictates which one I pick up.  I will say that my least favorite is the WGD.  But that is only because it weighs a freakin' ton!  It's solid black korina, and must have been the heaviest slab they had on-hand at the time they made it.  I had bought it off of E-bay.

No worries, I have a new WGD body being made right now.  It is swamp ash with a camphor burl top.  It will only be routed for two humbuckers.  I wish they did chambering for the WGD, but they don't.  Otherwise, I would have went black korina, all over again.  I considered the $40 upcharge to get the lightest piece they have on-hand.  But that is a total gamble.  They guarantee you'll get the lightest piece on-hand, but no guarantee the body will be at or under a particular weight.  For all I know, they may have a stock of the most dense black korina they have ever had before.  And the lightest body would end up being heavier than this one!  That probably is not the case, but you never know.  So I went with swamp ash. 

Here's a little sound clip along with a rhythm guitar...  But please forgive the playing.  :laughing7:

http://jmp.sh/Z8nBOot

Back