Warmoth body/wood questions from a newbie

Tarquinius

Recent warmoth customer and forum member. I tried emailing warmoth directly on this but didn't get an answer:

1) does warmoth still make double cutaway LPs?

2) can I get a spalted maple top?

I have seen these options produced but I do not see them on the custom screen.

3) More of an opinion: do you think clear mahogany would look similar enough ( or at least approrpriatrly paired with) a roasted maple neck? I don't need the same shade of brown but obviously semblence of symmetry is always appreciated  :)

1.  When did you write?  The Warmoth sales team keeps regular business hours on the west coast of the USA, so perhaps you emailed when they're closed for the weekend? 

2.  DC Les Pauls (and single-cut, as well) are no more.  The Regal is the current LP-like body.

3.  Spalted maple comes along from time to time but it's not a standard option.  If you don't see any in the Unique Choices photos, you should call if you want to know whether any is in stock.  Sometimes there's stuff in the shop that is slated for showcase bodies that maybe could be snagged for a custom order. 

4.  Clear mahogany will look great with roasted maple.  Go for it!  Describe to the rep on the phone or make a note on your order form that you want neck wood to match body wood as closely as possible and they'll put in a solid effort to help you achieve that.

Thanks for your help!

It was a few weeks ago, but no biggie. And that is a shame about the DC and spalted maple top. Just got to cross my fingers and hope they have a nice spalted maple top hidden in the backroom somewhere.

Any particular reason why they stopped the DC LP?

Desperate for revenue from any source, the company formerly known as "Gibson" threatened great legal hardship to any company making bodies/necks that look like theirs.

Back