Warmoth 40 Year History Video

I saw this video uploaded before seeing this thread here.....

Some really good history there, Aaron.

I remember seeing the old Boogie Bodies ads in Guitar Player. And I must have been a real early lurker on the Warmoth website when it launched because I can remember The Thrift Shop and chatting online to folks on other forums about building a 'kit' guitar. I finished my #1 Tele made of Warmoth parts in about 1998 or so.

Great video .... and I did not know that the volcano was that close!  Very impressive.

Being local to the area, I feel fortunate to have witnessed, and to have been personally involved thru much of this history. That original shop in Puyallup was a mystical place for me, as I ventured out there many times just to rummage through the seconds bin. Later on, I ended up working for a computer consultant (NPI), and Warmoth became one of my clients. Naturally I got to witness a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff at the shop. This was around the time right before Warmoth created a web presence, so I would like to think some of my suggestions were followed with regards to developing that.  :icon_biggrin:

I missed this thread and just saw the video on YouTube last week. Wonderful job telling the story of Warmoth.

Fantastic video, Aaron! Very well done - I'll be sharing links to that one.

Slackjaw said:
Being local to the area, I feel fortunate to have witnessed, and to have been personally involved thru much of this history. That original shop in Puyallup was a mystical place for me, as I ventured out there many times just to rummage through the seconds bin. Later on, I ended up working for a computer consultant (NPI), and Warmoth became one of my clients. Naturally I got to witness a lot of "behind the scenes" stuff at the shop. This was around the time right before Warmoth created a web presence, so I would like to think some of my suggestions were followed with regards to developing that.  :icon_biggrin:

I love Puyallup, its a treat for me to spend an afternoon kicking around the place. I am glad you were able to peer inside the big W. You are a lucky guy.

Back