Warmoth #2 --- Firebird

zompocalypse said:
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICKGUARD AND TRUSS  COVER????????????

Hey, thanks for all your comments folks!

The pickguard and truss rod cover came from a gal in Germany.  She really does some cool art.  She can be found at:  https://christianeertmer.com/Home_Page.html
Be aware, the pickguards she has posted on her site are built for genuine Fender and Gibson geetars; they will not fit Warmoths.
I sent her a Warmoth firebird pickguard and she designed mine from the Warmoth version.
Well worth the trouble and wait...

shanejw said:
What a beauty!  Love everything.  The gearless tuners, TRC, the pickguard, the knobs, everything!!  Where did you get your knobs?

I had never seen knobs quite like these either and had to snag them.  They also came from Germany from a site called Singlecoil.com.  Here is the link:  http://singlecoil.com/frmset.html
They have the knobs custom made for them and  are really heavy and well built.  Dirk is really a great guy and happy to help with any questions or needs.
They also have some really cool electronic parts.

:rock-on:

wow, neat pickguard.
I dunno though, you might want to get something with more Pop!
HAHHA!

Looks pretty wild! Tell me you're gonna finish the headstock...right? Would look REALLY cool with a matching pegface.

MUYFUE said:
Looks pretty wild! Tell me you're gonna finish the headstock...right? Would look REALLY cool with a matching pegface.

Yea, I wanted to do a matching pegface...
However, the neck is canary and the big W would not do a matching pegface on naked exotic wood.
So, I will have to be happy with the custom truss rod cover.

Black Dog said:
MUYFUE said:

However, the neck is canary and the big W would not do a matching pegface on naked exotic wood.

That throws my plans waaayyy off, as I wanted a maple pegface on a wenge neck... now I could have Soulmate do that, but then the paint wouldn't match...

Very tastefully done in every way. It will be interesting to hear how it sounds when done; I am sure it will be sweet.

knucklehead G said:
Black Dog said:
MUYFUE said:

That throws my plans waaayyy off, as I wanted a maple pegface on a wenge neck... now I could have Soulmate do that, but then the paint wouldn't match...

Yea, that is exactally what I first wanted for my firebird neck.
Wenge with matching flame maple pegface...
They could not make the firebird neck out of wenge related to characteristics of the wood. 
So my second choice was canary.
Sounds like a job for Tonar...

Black Dog said:
MUYFUE said:

Hmm... sounds like something for the good ol' suggestion box.

Back