Walnut Strat

sunabsolute

Hi All,

this is my first Warmoth project.
Its a chambered walnut on walnut body with a canary / ziricote warmoth pro-neck. Both, neck and body have a linseed-oil finish.
Although the canary / ziricote neck does not need any finish, natural (not cooked...) linseed oil really highlights the grain of both woods and makes it slightly darker.
Two 'self made' single coils (re-hand-wired ones from a 89' swiss made blade levinson RH4) and a Seymoure Duncan SH4 are fitting perfect to the well balanced tonal character of the wood.
I have to say that this is the best sounding Strat that I ever played (in almost 20 years...)
I don't know if it is the missing paint or the chambered body  what makes such a difference to my other Strats. But that warm but also clear defiened tone with lots of harmonics is about to change my play completly.
It is such fun to play this guitar! This is not my last Warmoth...

Christian from Germany

That is fantastic!!
the fun part is, I was planning almost exactly the same guitar!
After seeing Lukes Canary/Ziricote neck, I really wanted one on a hollow walnut strat... with wilkinson!!
Can you post some sound clips?

Seeing a bunch of non-gloss finishes on Walnut lately makes me wish I had ordered the satin finish on my Walnut Thinline!

hey Marko,

i just finished a recording where I used the Walnut Strat. But I have to say this is kind of a weirdo song, just to test the strat, so dont listen to carefully  :laughing7:
All guitar parts are recorded with the Walnut Strat. I used a 50 Watt 2 channel Marshall JCM 800 Head (lead sound nice but clean sucks...) with 2*12 Celestion vintage 30, no recording preamps, no effects exept some reverb and some reverse effects in cubase.
For the solo parts the tone volume is used a lot (bridge pickup)... as well as the whammy bar for the harmonics...

Christian

That weirdo song is pretty damn cool. Very nice playing. :icon_thumright:

I'm not a huge fan of wood looking guitars - but I like the matte finish, You've got a sweet guitar for sure.

wow amazing
I think this is the best looking strat I have ever seen.
looks way better then mine that's for sure...

This one looks gorgeous, love the walnut with the light finish, and that's a beautiful neck. Couple things I'd do - get one of the nice metal Warmoth logos and put it on the front - the free stickers look cheap. Ditch the trem cover on the back. And get a cool engraved pickguard from Doug (DangerousR6).

Great guitar and very cool tune.  Lovely tones. Very Jeff Beckish to my ears.
A brilliant way to start your Warmoth carrer  :hello2:

Very sweet looking axe you got there Christian, love the figuring in the top.   :icon_thumright:  Walnut and canary's a sweet combo, I got a walnut canary soloist in the works with a figured bookmatched top. It'll have a walnut neck and canary fretboard. And your song is pretty damn awesome. Would be interesting to hear it with some distortion(not to heavy)... :dontknow:

Nice Strat, man.  Agreed on the Beck-ish sound clip.  Sounds really cool.

DangerousR6 said:
Very sweet looking axe you got there Christian, love the figuring in the top.   :icon_thumright:  Walnut and canary's a sweet combo, I got a walnut canary soloist in the works with a figured bookmatched top. It'll have a walnut neck and canary fretboard. And your song is pretty damn awesome. Would be interesting to hear it with some distortion(not to heavy)... :dontknow:

What's funny is I think the best part is the back... the way the grain runs towards the neck joint. I think if that was mine, I'd never get to playing because I would just stare at the back for hours on end!

Back