Waiting Time

Seryaph

How, in the name of all that is holy, do you guys manage the waiting time between when you place the order and those beautiful brown boxes arrive at your front door?

I just placed my first warmoth order today and I am going stir crazy . . .

We do not manage very well. We will be doing the must disturbing things ...

But it is against forum regulations to tell.

Seryaph said:
How, in the name of all that is holy, do you guys manage the waiting time between when you place the order and those beautiful brown boxes arrive at your front door?

I just placed my first warmoth order today and I am going stir crazy . . .

It's frustrating. The way I look at it is if I wanted a bog standard cookie-cutter production unit like the majors turn out hundreds of per day, I could have it pretty fast. But, I have higher standards than they do. Use the time to practice your chops so when the fine instrument is ready, you can do it proud.

I started emailing vendors and luthiers last September, and had been planning and performing research since October of 2009.

Compared to how long it's been since I conceived of building a Warmoth-based guitar, the few weeks between ordering and receiving their parts were child's play.

The worst part has been the wait since all the major elements were there, with but a few odds-and-ends here and there, and then the time for assembly.

My complete guitar arrives on Monday, and even then there are a few things to tweak.  And then on top of that, I haven't played guitar much in the past two years.

It's been simply awful :doh: but I know from experience that the patience pays off.  :icon_smile:

Back