VOTE HERE : JUNE 2011 Guitar of the Month

Vote for the JUNE 2011 Guitar of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations on an outstanding concept and finished bass. Well deserved. :hello2:

Very close this month.  Congrats to all who entered.  It's amazing that 2 of the builds got half the votes!  I honestly thought Afterburner was going to run away with it. 

Murat Ozyonum is me, actually I put "Regards, Murat Ozyonum" when i was sending the guitar application mail just as a habit rather then puting my user name only "ozyonum"...

Wow! I don't know what to say! I never expected to win this but just thought it would be cool to share my project.

I want to first express my sentiemnts to those who built excellent and deserving guitars here. And I'd also like to recognize Warmoth for the top shelf parts they supply us with to fuel our dreams.

The way we build and play guitars is changing and the availability of premium grade parts coupled with this forum play a big role in the way we do things.

Vince, the guy I built the bass for, just e-mailed me last night to show some photos of the new gig bag he bought for the bass. I carried it out there in a cheap gig bag just to protect it for the trip so it needed an upgrade to protect it from the rigors of gigging.

This whole project has been such a challange and the most meaningful to me ever. Watching someone experience the benefits as a result of some crazy idea I cooked up was both rewarding and moving and reminded me of the times people have come to my aid in the past. It sure feels good to put it out there every now and then.

Coming here today and seeing all the wonderful comments and recognition from fellow builders just plain warms my heart and makes it that much better.

Thank you everyone for the kind words and for all of your sincere sentiments. It just adds so much to an already fullfilling project!   :eek:ccasion14:

Seems like this has taken a little while, so here's my mockup

Feel free to throw it in your signature  :toothy10:

Attachments

• June2011GOTM.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 352
If I'm not mistaken - first halfmoth win GOTM. Congrats (even though I voted for Max. ;) Well deserved win - world would be a better place if there were more people with eye on the endgame like you.

Martin

Thanks man. It could have been all Warmoth but they passed on the idea several months ago.

If there is indeed enough interest out there, I will be looking for someone to CNC the bodies.

Looking at that body it kind of looks like the map of America.  Without Texas....maybe we gave that to Mexico.

DMRACO said:
Looking at that body it kind of looks like the map of America.  Without Texas....maybe we gave that to Mexico.

Actually it did occur to me that it looked like some freakish thing Gibson might do, but I didn't want to say that given its noble purpose and that it was actually function driven form.

swarfrat said:
DMRACO said:

Actually it did occur to me that it looked like some freakish thing Gibson might do, but I didn't want to say that given its noble purpose and that it was actually function driven form.

I this was a case of form following function.  I doubt it was intentional.  It just occurred to me looking at it from that specific angle.

It would be cool if someone could CNC that.  I really think there could be a market for these types of instruments

It also looks a bit like an elephant kneeling while waving his trunk in the air!

In all honesty, the guy I built it for had some input to the shape.

When I measured him up for the project I was in the middle of a cross country motorcycle ride and didn't want to carry the sketches on the bike. I told him I'd build a bass for him but he'd have to get a sketch to me in the mail on his own.

I did this because I needed to know if he really wanted it. You'd be amazed at the number of people who wouldn't even make a trip to the post office for something like this. When the sketch arrived, I knew he was serious and that my efforts wouldn't be wasted.

Here's the sketch he sent me along with the modifications I made to it. I found his proportions to be a little off and tried to create something that retained some of his ideas while meeting the functional goals of the project. It wasn't easy!

Ergo-Bass4lo-res.jpg

I take it the bottom drawing is his original sketch,, and the top one is yours?
It could also be some kind of pogofish?  :dontknow:

Yes. He sent me the sketch on the bottom and I changed a few things to make it work. You're seeing the 4th revision.

Back