VOTE HERE : JUNE 2011 Guitar of the Month

Vote for the JUNE 2011 Guitar of the Month

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So many great guitars this month, but the unique yet old school flavor of Max's Tele won me over. Let me know if you ever decide to sell, Max! (I know - not a chance)

Tough decision, but vote posted.  May the best axe win.  Also, while I love the bass, aren't the basses considered separate from the guitars?  They should be.  Perhaps a guitar of the month AND a bass of the month?

DocNrock said:
Tough decision, but vote posted.  May the best axe win.  Also, while I love the bass, aren't the basses considered separate from the guitars?  They should be.  Perhaps a guitar of the month AND a bass of the month?
They should be?

BASSHATE!!!!!! just kidding  :laughing7: :laughing7:

Yeah they did a bass of the month the month just gone, showdowns 8 string Tbird won it,
I got more votes than when i first entered my Z,  :headbang1:

Dont think there is enough bass guitars made to make it a every month event with a decent amount of entries. maybe maybe not,=  :dontknow:,

Much harder choice than expected, I hadn't had a good look at the nominees until just now. I went with the one I would prefer to have and play myself (and by now this should be no secret to anyone here...:)).

SolomonHelsing said:
DocNrock said:
They should be?

Yeah they did a bass of the month the month just gone, showdowns 8 string Tbird won it,

Dont think there is enough bass guitars made to make it a every month event with a decent amount of entries. maybe maybe not,=  :dontknow:,

Definitely not a "basshate."  I own a bass also and played bass as well as guitar in the bands I've played in.  I just think they should be different contests.  Love the bass that was submitted.  If I had to chose between a bass and a guitar, I made my choice.  IMHO, they should be different contetsts.

DocNrock said:
SolomonHelsing said:
DocNrock said:
They should be?

Definitely not a "basshate."  I own a bass also and played bass as well as guitar in the bands I've played in.  I just think they should be different contests.  Love the bass that was submitted.  If I had to chose between a bass and a guitar, I made my choice.  IMHO, they should be different contetsts.
I'm not bacist! I've got a friend who plays bass, actually!

:laughing7:

True, would be good for there to be two different contests, but at times think there could even just be only two in a contest, or you would get people entering each month...
Saying no names  :evil4:

Not to side track this thread, but, I do think there should be two categories run every month, Full-Moths and Half-Moths of what ever category.  :eek:ccasion14:

And I'm not saying that because of the Ergo Bass, because it is awesome. And if it wins that would be really cool because of the story behind it. But, in most cases, a run of the mill guitar with a Warmoth neck  or vise-versa, really doesn't stand a chance against a true custom build. I think a category for Half-Moths would really get some people thinking outside of the box.  :icon_thumright:

Would there even be enough basses to fill up a contest every month.  Would 5 strings, short scales, and Geckos get their own categories too?  What about Baritone's and 7 strings?  Then the ole, "Mine would beat yours, but it's in a different contest" copout.  The rules are good enough for what we do.  Just put 'em all together, let the best one win, and have fun....or don't.

And Max, your guitar is not a photoshop but you are. 

OK, I finally did it

I tell you I had to get down and dirty on this one

there was this neat custom bass just pulling at me, there was a mind blowing tele with a killer custom finish and nicely different pickguard, several custom paint jobs that were sweetness galore, but in the guitar I wanted to hang around the neck and played that won out.
I had to vote for Grabby's Tele

Congrats on the win DbU - lets see if your "landslide" comes close to mine.  :evil4:

A seriously beautiful guitar and finish - and there were at least two others that had me
drooling too.

:icon_thumright:

ORCRiST

ORCRiST said:
Congrats on the win DbU - lets see if your "landslide" comes close to mine.  :evil4:

A seriously beautiful guitar and finish - and there were at least two others that had me
drooling too.

:icon_thumright:

ORCRiST

:icon_scratch:

Contest is long from over.  :laughing7:

There is some really tough competition this month. Not counting any eggs before they hatch.  :icon_thumright:

Decisions, decisions, decisions......  :icon_scratch:

I hope I do not offend those who I regard as my e-friends here on this forum, by only voting for one of you!  :dontknow:

Seriously, this has to be one of the tougher months to compete for the GOM. Any of these guitars would be a great asset to anyone's 'family'.

Back