Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish

Tonar8352

I would normally post something like this in the DIY thread but I think this is for everyone that loves their Guitars and likes to keep them looking great.  

I stumbled onto the Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish at the Les Paul Forum.  I was getting ready to rub out the burst strat and maple neck I’m finishing up so based on what I read I thought I’d give it a try.  

Let me start by saying I have never been 100% satisfied with my final polish even after using a Stew Mac Polishing arbor.  There are still some spider-web fine scratches left on the surface.  I have tried all sorts of stuff including the very popular Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Products.  None gave me the results I was looking for.  Until now!!

I picked up some of the Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish http://www.virtuosopolish.com/ along with some Dunlop Finishing Cloths from the Guitar Center.  All I have to say is that the stuff does what they say it does.  I will use this on all the guitars I finished and on my Vintage pieces.

Livingston

Tonar8353 said:
I would normally post something like this in the DIY thread but I think this is for everyone that loves their Guitars and likes to keep them looking great.  

I stumbled onto the Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish at the Les Paul Forum.  I was getting ready to rub out the burst strat and maple neck I’m finishing up so based on what I read I thought I’d give it a try.  

Let me start by saying I have never been 100% satisfied with my final polish even after using a Stew Mac Polishing arbor.  There are still some spider-web fine scratches left on the surface.  I have tried all sorts of stuff including the very popular Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze Products.  None gave me the results I was looking for.  Until now!!

I picked up some of the Virtuoso Cleaner and Polish http://www.virtuosopolish.com/ along with some Dunlop Finishing Cloths from the Guitar Center.  All I have to say is that the stuff does what they say it does.  I will use this on all the guitars I finished and on my Vintage pieces.

I see, and how is work going over there at the Viruoso Polish HQ?

simple

Staff member
Good to hear and know about. I haven't ever found a polish product that worked well. I'll have to try it.

Alfang

Livingston, No Kidding, We see your new here, so we'll cut you some slack

Tonar is a Finnishing God, He's our Bible

See dbw we agree on some things  lol

Livingston

Haha, ok, my bad, sorry guys.  :tard:

It just read to me like a "hey my company pays me to build a rep on forums, then plug the product."

1000 apologies Tonar and all. 

Mor Paul

It does kinda sound like a paid advertisement, to tell the truth..

But I'll try to keep that in mind when I get to finishing my tele. Should probably wrap up filling and sanding soon..

Tonar8352

LOL.

I made the same comment when I originally typed the post because I felt like I was a doing a commercial, right after “Until now!!” but I removed it.  I laughed when I read Livingston’s comment.

Any way Livingston welcome to the board I hope you enjoy your time here as much as the rest of us do.

But I got to tell the stuff is great.  It takes some elbow grease but you will get glass.

PS Remember painters are like clergy and politicians; if you get three of them to talking about their field of expertise you’ll get 5 opinions. 

dbw

Hahaha... don't worry, Livingston, I was (mostly) kidding.  Tonar does know what he's doing, but I encourage everyone to sass everyone else.  Especially YOU, Alfang.  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

G

guitlouie

Seriously, whether it sounds like a commercial or not, "recomended by Tonar" means a lot.  I mean, just search this site for the kind of work this guy does.....unbelievable.  I will certainly be looking into the stuff, as almost all the polishing agents I have been told of in the past have always left me thinking that if I just breathed on the thing and polished it, I would get the same result!

R

RLW

I've been using Virtuoso for a few years, it's the best I've found.

dbw

I take it the stuff is intended for nitro, but how does it work on poly?  Tru-oil?

Tonar8352

Sombody needs to try it on poly and true-oil,  I only have nitro in the house.  Let us know.

GoDrex

It's says somewhere on the site that it's good on poly...

http://www.virtuosopolish.com/

It also works wonders on polyurethane and UV cured finishes found on newer instruments.