Gold Schaller locking tuners
Gold covered Dimarzio Air Zone (bridge)
Gold covered Dimarzio Air Norton (neck)
1 push/push volume pot
1 3 way

PC310632.jpg

PC310641.jpg

PC310630.jpg

I had to add the string tree in the end to keep the B string on the nut, but after a setup at my local shop this thing is an absolute beast. It resonates very loud acoustically and sounds even better plugged in. I was going to add a pickguard but Warmoths are too small, it doesnt look as good as the real explorer that way. Plus the wood is beautiful on this one. Its more or less streaky depending on how much sunlight is hitting it. Very happy with this build.

Any suggestions where i can get a hardshell case for this? I've already tried the musiciansgear EXP case and it didnt fit. the neck stuck up too high probably due to it being a bolt on. Thanks, Ross.

I'm not usually one for maple necks but it makes good visual sense on this guitar. Excellent mahogany you got there though! Very pretty...

very cool. I like explorers alot especially with the amber or tinted yellow colors like a classic white korina explorer. The KWS headstock is a very nice touch too. I'd be interested at a closeup of your string tee setup there...

I really wish someone had the BACK of the guitar visible in their Explorer build!

I think it's good that you're not ashamed of your fetish Agwan. Be proud of who you are!

kböman said:
I think it's good that you're not ashamed of your fetish Agwan. Be proud of who you are!

the ugly guitar fetish or is that a Butt joke?

maybe its both.

but seriously. I want to see the neck joints on finished Explorers and icemans... so  :p

I dub thee, "The Butterscotch Explorer"  :toothy12:

(But only if fnish the headstock with the same color)  :icon_thumright:

rossalex said:
Any suggestions where i can get a hardshell case for this? I've already tried the musiciansgear EXP case and it didnt fit. the neck stuck up too high probably due to it being a bolt on. Thanks, Ross.

Hey, did you ever find a case?

Back