Video Rundown

mullyman

Posted this on my YT channel last night.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2gFL7Atwo&default_tab=comments

MULLY
sorry for the mobile link, I'm in my phone

Thanks for the vid, Mully.  Pretty nifty.

Here's the link so non-mobile folks can get at it without having to untangle the mobile youtube links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2gFL7Atwo

FWIW, this guitar gets compliments everywhere I take it. I've actually gotten 3 other people to build Warmoths after seeing the quality of this. One guy said he had always known about Warmoth but was a little gun shy to try because the parts may not be that great. He's got a killer Tele now......of course Warmoth.
MULLY

compliments? I'm surprised you don't get death threats for PAINTING BK!

Street Avenger said:
Cool video.
I love my Line-6 wireless.

Which one do you have? I have the G30. My only complaint is the battery door doesn't shut completely flush when batteries are in it.
MULLY

I've been lusting after one of those things for a while, but my concern has always been battery life. By their own admission the transmitter's only good for about 8 hours, and I know me - I'd be leaving the thing on inadvertently all the time, so I'd have to buy batteries by the pallet load.

mullyman said:
Street Avenger said:
Cool video.
I love my Line-6 wireless.

Which one do you have? I have the G30. My only complaint is the battery door doesn't shut completely flush when batteries are in it.
MULLY

I have the G90 rack-mount.  I think the transmitter may be the same as yours though. Time will tell if I encounter problems with the battery door, So far-so good though.

Cagey said:
I've been lusting after one of those things for a while, but my concern has always been battery life. By their own admission the transmitter's only good for about 8 hours, and I know me - I'd be leaving the thing on inadvertently all the time, so I'd have to buy batteries by the pallet load.

I'm thinking 8 hours is generous. I just got this in November. Gigged 3 times, short 30 minute sets, and had 2 2 hour practices. Batteries already need changing, and I haven't left it on by mistake. Either way, what a Godsend wireless is.
MULLY

Cederick said:
swarfrat said:
compliments? I'm surprised you don't get death threats for PAINTING BK!
What does BK mean?  :(

Black Korina

In response to that comment, I didn't paint over it. It came out of the showcase like that. There must have been some ugliness on there that made them do that. Hey, I got one BAD ASS guitar out of it. I'm not complaining. Hehe!!

Hmm... making me question my desires even more.

I used to have a Nady system, and loved it. Being free of the cord is a joy that has to be experienced to be appreciated, and once you do it you don't want to tie back up. But, the damn battery thing is like paying taxes. You know you gotta do it and you don't mind too much, but the cost seems exorbitant relative to the benefit.

Cagey said:

I used to have a Nady system, and loved it. Being free of the cord is a joy that has to be experienced to be appreciated, and once you do it you don't want to tie back up. But, the damn battery thing is like paying taxes. You know you gotta do it and you don't mind too much, but the cost seems exorbitant relative to the benefit.

That's where I'm at. I have two Sennheiser setups (in my bass rack and under my guitar pedalboard), and I rarely use them.  If it's an amazing venue, I'll set it up so I can be a cheeseball, but I go so far as to take the batteries out after use.  I keep a foam-lined box that holds 8 AAs glued next to both receivers.

-Mark

Cagey said:

We're no longer in Bedrock, my friend. Rechargeable batteries rule!!  :party07:
MULLY

I'm a big fan of rechargeables, but I wonder how long they'd work, if at all, in one of those transmitters. Two AA rechargeables (of any chemistry) only add up to 2.4vdc, while two alkalines add up to 3vdc. On analog devices, that difference just looks like weak batteries so you may get reduced performance. But on many digital devices those would look like dead (or nearly so) batteries. My camera is that way, for instance.

Back