Very nice...but

GoDrex

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?itemnumber=PS3098&madedate=2008-07-11

I wonder why they top routed it. It's very cool but the pickguard covers way too much, dontcha think? Plus there's an F hole... :icon_scratch:
PS3098c.jpg

it still look badass though... I'm torn... hehehe ;)

totally pro f-hole

i love the finish and how well it works with the guard

hate floyds

I like the faux binding, though

if I were righty, this is probably something I'd go for

lol
but my tastes are a lot further lefty

props to whoever gets such a fine body  :kewlpics:

PS3095a.jpg

Well you should have give the option of pickups and control routes on this puppy... kinda of: a guy firing $1100 on a guitar BODY probably want something EXACTLY like what he is in mind....

PS: with the price range at that kind, seems that I won't have enough $$ to buy one W anymore....  :(

I don't know... I know exotic wood tops or neck or whatever are nice, but sometimes they're over the top unless you're Bill Gates or have his wealth I just can't justify anything over 300 on a guitar body... I have been using standard woods on bodies (and looking for deals like mighty mite or Hefner or whatever) because when I pay like 50-60 on shipping I would like to reduce the price of the item itself somewhat... plus in some cases it's a double whammy because higher price means higher customs tax.

I usually go with Warmoth for necks though because they do get it right the first time, but I just custom order and hope for the best... like last time I ordered a plain maple neck and ended up getting AAA flame maple neck...

AAGH that's SUCH a sweet top.  WHY O WHY did you rout it for a Floyd??

I'm not a huge fan of rear-routed bodies (just looks wrong to me), so top routing is good with me. The F hole is great (classy), the wood and paint are insane, but the Floyd does kinda kill it.

The black guard is all wrong for that finish. I'd go gold plexi, but I agree with dbw.. the Floyd rout kills it for me :sad:

25% of the threads here seem to be about Floyds. I'm a hardtail man myself.

Gold hardware and gold FR and you have a beast of a guitar. Someone will snap it up.

Not my cup of tea though.

dbw said:
AAGH that's SUCH a sweet top.  WHY O WHY did you rout it for a Floyd??
To get rid of this a big ugly knot that looked like a rotten tumor. It probably won't last long on the Showcase. Lots of Floyd players in the world.

NonsenseTele said:
PS3095a.jpg

Well you should have give the option of pickups and control routes on this puppy... kinda of: a guy firing $1100 on a guitar BODY probably want something EXACTLY like what he is in mind....

PS: with the price range at that kind, seems that I won't have enough $$ to buy one W anymore....  :(

We find most guys that spend the money to get the rarer exotics are more traditional in their routs. They often want to see how the grain looks with the routs in the body. There are or will be others on the Showcase to choose from without the routs though.

Gregg said:
NonsenseTele said:

PS: with the price range at that kind, seems that I won't have enough $$ to buy one W anymore....  :(

We find most guys that spend the money to get the rarer exotics are more traditional in their routs. They often want to see how the grain looks with the routs in the body. There are or will be others on the Showcase to choose from without the routs though.
Yeah, i want a Splated maple and an FR, i'm thinking on going for a Wilkinson though, not a brootaly menacing, but still it will do the job and let me see a bit more of the spaltiness.

I think it looks great with the top mount .I sometimes think a body can look to "busy" if there is too much grain/colour all over the place. I don't like Fholes or Flloyds though!!

i like the pickguard...
strats look really wierd to me without pickguards.

the floyd rose looks really out of place for a hollow strat.

i am NOT a fan of binding, but thats just me.

Theme of this thread is 'to each his own'. That seems a very odd body to me; woody, old-school kind of body that seems like it was made for clapton or something, then it has the most prototypical piece of metal hardware (fr). Understandable that they needed to cover the knot with the fr rout, but then why the f-hole and brown burst finish, instead of bengal burst or black dye?

You people bashing Floyds... :laughing11: Kills me, what is a Floyd to complicated for ya'll....I would have routed it for a Floyd, just not the recessed type. Even tho Gregg said it had a big ugly knot in it. So what, the Floyd may have covered most of it anyway..Besides it's wood it's going to have imperfections sometimes that's what makes it unique....

Back