Velocity in Red

Some guitars look like they're....incomplete or something without binding, and some don't.  This one definitely does not; it looks great without binding.  I noticed the SD box off to the side there...what pickups and bridge are you using?  Congrats!

The bridge will be a Wilkinson VS100, in black. The pickups are Custom Shop Seth Lovers, wound by MJ. They are powder-coated black with black baseplates, short legs, 4 conductor. The neck pickup is rw/rp, so I can wire a 3 position switch that has the center position the outside 2 coils of each humbucker, in phase & hum-cancelling.

Attachments

• pickups.jpg
    pickups.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 158
Mincer said:
The bridge will be a Wilkinson VS100, in black. The pickups are Custom Shop Seth Lovers, wound by MJ. They are powder-coated black with black baseplates, short legs, 4 conductor. The neck pickup is rw/rp, so I can wire a 3 position switch that has the center position the outside 2 coils of each humbucker, in phase & hum-cancelling.

Nice! MJ wound some Pearly Gates for me several years back. It was a purple PRS, and the bobbins were purple and yellow. Little did I know that people were going to mistakenly think that I had just made an L.A. Lakers guitar, which I did not do. Thankfully I didn’t get along with that guitar, and sold it.

That sounds like it’s going to be a nice build.

I always liked satin finishes. They don't really look completely "flat", they have a sort of lustre that is really warm and pleasing to look at.

That finish looks great, and I love the Korina body, as well as the velocity shape - much less common so it's cool to see!

I think that Korina is more in line with what I was expecting from the walnut I ordered. I haven't received the body yet, but the neck was closer to mahogany in color as opposed to dark and figured like yours. The body may be different though, so we'll see. It's a beautiful neck.

Anyways, I wanna hear some clips once it's all up and running!  :bananaguitar:

Beautiful, beautiful axe. Lots of love for the Velocity lately. Gonna need to get mine out and get to work on my stalled project.

Thank you all!
It turned out to be a wonderful project, and my 2nd Warmoth overall. I really love this guitar, and it has become my favorite over the last year.

Back