*Updated* Black PJ Jazz bass with Padouk/Pau Ferro neck

line6man said:
Little update...

I decided to put on the Padouk thumbrest today.
Here is a (crappy) picture:
3977258239_e99a2b5077.jpg

What do you guys think?

Finishes it off nicely  :icon_thumright:

The bass is now one year old!  :blob7:

I got the bass back from my luthier after he sanded the neck pocket, put the neck onto the body and did a setup on 3/17/09.

Damn thats a Hot looking Bass!!!  I love the upgrades, it looks smoking either way........I dont even play bass and I want this thing...lol .....Nice job!  :icon_thumright:

Ok guys, what do you think of these?
I can't get good pictures right now, there isn't enough sunlight, and my camera flash is making everything funky, but whatever. :blob7:

5131808349_05a99acb74_b.jpg

5132408202_130afcf6d7_b.jpg

5131807853_32629ea7e2_b.jpg

That's pretty cool.  Do the covers change the tone at all, or are they completely new pups?

AutoBat said:
That's pretty cool.  Do the covers change the tone at all, or are they completely new pups?

These are new pickups.

They were given to me by James Reed of Reed James Eng. in exchange for helping him out with some business matters. Unfortunately, him and I are not on good terms right now, and I may or may not sell these.

I believe the covers are glued in place or something, but they are removable if the coils need to be rewound.
The walls of the covers are thicker than standard plastic covers, for obvious reasons.
5130742018_c8de5c340a_b.jpg

line6man said:
AutoBat said:

These are new pickups.

They were given to me by James Reed of Reed James Eng. in exchange for helping him out with some business matters. Unfortunately, him and I are not on good terms right now, and I may or may not sell these.

I believe the covers are glued in place or something, but they are removable if the coils need to be rewound.
The walls of the covers are thicker than standard plastic covers, for obvious reasons.
5130742018_c8de5c340a_b.jpg

Must not have been enough (your help, that is) since his web site's down. Is he tits-up?

mgaut051 said:
Must not have been enough (your help, that is) since his web site's down. Is he tits-up?

Interesting.

I just posted on his Facebook.

He says:

James Patrick Reed looks like someone high jack my domain

James Patrick Reed web site is down tell Monday

Back