*** Unofficial Warmoth "ROCK Like an Egyptian" Giveaway! ***

DMRACO said:
BigSteve22 said:
Awesome coloring so far!
DMRACO said:
I have heard sharpies and nitro do not get along.  Is that true??
Don't know where, But I heard the same thing about Sharpies and lacquer.

I think the issue is the solvents in the lacquer can make the color run.  a insure coast of shellac or light dust coat of the lacquer (nitro or acrylic) should be used.  We do not want to ruin all that hard work!!!!!

That's why the person who wins it should send it to, er, Greg!

When the coloring is complete, I seal it all with shellac-spray, NOT brushed; brushing any kind of sealer at that point just destroys it all by smearing it!

Great Ape said:
When the coloring is complete, I seal it all with shellac-spray, NOT brushed; brushing any kind of sealer at that point just destroys it all by smearing it!

Then my concerns were valid but you have already addressed the issue!!!! :headbang1: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

As an impartial observer, can I just point out that this is looking freakin' AMAZING! And it's not done yet...

Great Ape said:
P2090295_zpsp2rkh6vv.jpg

To all our new members - welcome again, and remember you need at least 10 genuine posts to qualify for the draw to win this amazing body!

honestly I am always amazed with his work.  I think the coolest feature is the use of the tiny burned dots to create depth.  I can barely write my name...this just astonishes me!!!!

Oh man, need to do some math, but I think I would not have money to pay for import tax and will need to retrieve my name  :sad:

Actually, I find the stippling(burning the 'dots') very tedious, but totally rewarding for the results.

Not sure what color I want to do the rest of the body...and, still need to decide whether the circle & leaf thingy in the center should be green or gold...

So beautiful. The shadows under the leafs ... I'm speechless. I just want to keep looking at it.

This looks great, and much more colorful than I would have imagined. It's very enjoyable to watch the progress on something like this. I hope the winner will post detailed pics of the build as well!

WF

I reckon Green leaves would look great. Gold would clash with the rest of the guitar. No idea about the rest of the body though haha. Awesome dude!  :headbang:

This is really coming along. Considering the shadows under the leaves, I'd lean toward some kind of green or other life-like leafy color.

Looks really good.

How about dark green with gold highlights for the circle & leaf thingy in the center.

Back