TWO "Warmouths" in Vintage Guitar Magazine!

stubhead

Master Member
For some reason, people's brains just love that "Warmouth" spelling....on page 22 of the November Vintage Guitar mag, there's an interview with Jon Herington, who's now the touring guitarist with Steely Dan - he gets to/has to play all those Denny Dias, Jeff Baxter, Elliot Randall, Wayne Krantz, Larry Carlton licks. He has a Warmoth Les Paul body with Fralin pickups, H-S-H. He put on on of those wacky necks with the bent frets:
http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php
He says it "sounds amazing" and has the potential to replace his favorite Telecaster and ES-336. On page 33, there's an interview with Warner Hodges, guitarist from Jason & the Scorchers. He has a "damn nice parts guitar" with "the fattest maple neck I could get from Warmouth" and a chambered mahogany Telecaster thinline body, with two humbucking-sized p-90's. It's kind of cute that Warmoths are showing up in "Vintage Guitar" more often that in the rags that have so many Fender, PRS & Gibson ads... that magazine, and Premier Guitar, are at least written by adults for adults, though they get just as stupid about "increased string tension" & "Mojo" as anyone else.

Q: Why does the Warmoth spell checker still tag the word "Warmoth"? :help:
Q2: Shouldn't "mahogany" be spelled "mahogony" if we're gonna spell "Warmoth" as "Warmouth" anyways? Ma-hog-gone-eeeee.... :hello2:

A1: The server software used to run this forum has the spellchecker/dictionary function built-in and I doubt Warmoth has access to add dictionary entires

A2: A1 makes Q2 moot

I'm gonna have to go and pick up that issue now.

Not sure if I'm glad or I'm sad that Warmoth is getting some press mind you...  if they get really popular, prices might go up! :)

jackthehack said:
A1: The server software used to run this forum has the spellchecker/dictionary function built-in and I doubt Warmoth has access to add dictionary entires

A2: A1 makes Q2 moot

Actually the spell checking in your posts is done by your browser, not anything on the server.  Right click on it and click "add to dictionary".

Warner used Warmoth years ago, as did Dan Baird, his current bandmate. Two of the nicest people you'll ever meet, and two of the best players, too!

I'd like to think I had some influence on Warner's choice; I teched for him for a few years and always would mention Warmoth when he'd talk about building his own again. In fact, last year, when I went to Nashville for the Scorchers show, I had a lot of Warmoth parts sent to his house so I could pick 'em up in person.

He loves the light weight and sound of the Thinline, and I am sure he can verify the strength of the craftsmanship; he's a one-man "relicing ball..."

Can someone grab me a copy and send it to me? I'll gladly PayPal you the $!

Back