Twang, jangle and wang.......................

Unwound G

Came in yesterday............a Gretsch inspired L5S to be fitted with a Bigsby, TV Jones Classics pickups and G inscribed knobs.

This is for a friend/customer who wants a Warmoth that looks, sounds and plays with Rock-a-billy attitude but versatile enough to handle Jump Blues too.

Looks nice!

The lower switch hole (the normal for W's L5S) will be used as knob?

Don't like the looks of most 'trons, but I like the Super'Tron:
classic-super-mt.gif

That's sweet dude!  :icon_thumright:  Is that transparent tangerine for the finish?

You must post pictures when this is finished!

I think it would be hillarious if you gave it a floyd. Then it would be like an obese baby of the recently built 80's strat...

Love the color anyhow.... I never would have thought of that for that guitar style. You gotta like the obnoxiousness of it all.

Bigger pics!

Looks like it's going to be really cool. I've wondered what a reddish l5s would look like...

Wow, that's very close to one of my "dream builds".

I really like seeing a classic look updated or personalized in a tasteful way.

Very, very nice.

dbw said:
Twang I can see, jangle I'll give you, but what's up with "wang"??
Please oh please not the wangcaster again....

Sweet build there man!  Very classic and I love the fact that its going to be crowned with a Bigsby.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks guys.  Really appreciate your comments.

Tempest said:
That's sweet dude!  :icon_thumright:  Is that transparent tangerine for the finish?

Yup, Transparent Tangerine on Swamp Ash.

dbw said:
Twang I can see, jangle I'll give you, but what's up with "wang"??

Wang as in wanging that Bigsby.

Pictures to follow when done.

Unwound G said:
Came in yesterday............a Gretsch inspired L5S to be fitted with a Bigsby, TV Jones Classics pickups and G inscribed knobs.

This is for a friend/customer who wants a Warmoth that looks, sounds and plays with Rock-a-billy attitude but versatile enough to handle Jump Blues too.

I'd say he got his wish  :icon_thumright:

I'm torn between ordering a tele thinline or a L5S as my first Warmoth guitar. You just made up my mind for me :icon_tongue:

Back