Twang, jangle and wang.......................

God, I can`t wait to see this one done :eek:
This must be one of my favorite builds so far :blob7:

What would be the difference between the L5S and a Thinline Tele. They both have a center block any 2 big chambers on either side...and you can order both with 2 F-Holes......looks aside, what would the sound difference be? L5S would be more of a smaller semi-hollow body, right?

I would think the L5 would give you a bigger, fatter sound.  I've never tested this hypothesis though. 

It's completed and leaving its coop next week to its owner who paid for it all.

I really enjoyed conceptualizing it and putting it all together.

Specs :

Warmoth L5S Swamp Ash body with two f-holes.

Warmoth Pro Maple with Rosewood fingerboard neck.

Both finished in Trans Tangerine.

Sperzel chrome locking tuners.

TV Jones Classic neck and Classic Plus bridge pickups.

Gotoh roller bridge.

Bigsby B5 vibrato tailpiece.

3-Way toggle pickup switch.

Master volume at lower cutaway.

Neck tone and bridge tone.

Chrome G control knobs.

Sounds amazing in the hands of a true Rock-A-Billy guitar slinger (not me).

This guitar will be nicknamed Warmoth L5S-6120 paying a well deserved tribute to Gretsch.

That looks fantastic! I like the concept, the colours, the pickups, the Bigsby - seriously, what's not to like?  :hello2:

That's easily the coolest looking Warmoth I've seen yet. Fantastic job :icon_thumright:

kboman said:
That looks fantastic! I like the concept, the colours, the pickups, the Bigsby - seriously, what's not to like?  :hello2:
+1.  Absolutely outstanding build!  I never really liked Gretsch until I had the chance to play one for awhile, not 2 minutes in a shop.

Did you leave the center block unrouted for support of the Bigsby?

I want to thank Spike for pointing out to me about leaving the center block solid to accommodate the Bigsby B5 tailpiece.  I did not even mentioned about the Bigsby in my order but he just pick it out and emailed me to query.

As in, not routing a hollow section under where the tailpiece goes....a rout that is standard in most of W's hollowbody and thinline designs. By leaving this section solid, the screws that hold the Bigsby B-5 onto the guitar are better anchored than if they were just going through 1/4 inch of top wood. My salesguy, too, was 'with it' enough to suggest the same for my Thinline.

Back