Trying something outside of the box need input...

ZGOZZ

I will be adding a black boarder around the edge.
What do you think so far, do not worry about my feeling need honest truth..

PA130069.jpg

It's kinda like Willyk's "barn door" bass.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=375.0
indexphp.jpg

What kind of pickguard you putting on it?

ZGOZZ said:

I will be adding a black boarder around the edge.
What do you think so far, do not worry about my feeling need honest truth..

PA130069.jpg

That sooooooo reminds me of the 72 Tele Deluxe I had, that somebody before me refinished several times with Krylon... and I stripped, and finished in Kiwi Brown shoepolish.  Not meant to be a put down, because that guitar had a smooth waxy feel that was very soft and very comfy and everybody seemed to like!

CB, you finished a guitar with shoe polish??  Did you spray clear over it or something?

Another vote for the kinda like it.  Sort of like a distressed antique finish. 

I love it.  :icon_thumright: Tung/Danish oil or even Minwax wipe on satin poly to give it a smooth but rustic look, fit a gold anodized guard and away you go.  :hello2: :blob7: :hello2:

Thanks all.

I used wood stain and keeped whipping it off. Then sanded. I am now putting sand sealer. Then putting a black edge on it.
You can see a little bit now.

I like it, it's definitely got that 'saved from a burning building' feel.  :icon_thumright:

Check this out what do you think, I am kinda not feeling it....

What do you all think need feed back might just go all black and say oh well.

PA150003.jpg

PA150002.jpg

ZGOZZ said:

Hmmm... thinking about the general theme you are trying to bring out, I would try to go for a more antique violin look... maybe browner in the center, with slightly worn dark brown or black around the edges, not enough for a defined burst though. I would probably do a cream perloid pickguard with that then.

UTSC said:
ZGOZZ said:

Hmmm... thinking about the general theme you are trying to bring out, I would try to go for a more antique violin look... maybe browner in the center, with slightly worn dark brown or black around the edges, not enough for a defined burst though. I would probably do a cream perloid pickguard with that then.

It would of been better with a black guard and black pick ups the white is not doing it.
hmmm.

I actually am starting to really like it.  I'd go for darker on the edges - but I like the white guard.

Kinda looks like the strat that the guy from Gong played.

Its not looking right. Just going to go all black on the body.
Thanks all, I see it in my head but its not coming out on the body the way I see it.

!@#$ :icon_scratch: :-\ :sad1: :sad:

Sand it out and take a step back for a bit, don't settle just yet. 

Paging Dr. Tonar....Emergency case in the Finishing Forum

Blue313 said:
Sand it out and take a step back for a bit, don't settle just yet. 

Paging Dr. Tonar....Emergency case in the Finishing Forum

Its to late, I went black, It just did not look right.
But have an Idea for the next project.....  :icon_thumright:

I think that is swamp ash with black grain filler.  You won't really be able to get that look with alder...

It's got a certain je ne sais quoi, but if it were mine I'd try a solid color, or sand it all back and just do clear.

Back