Tru-Oil Black Korina Strat

Hey Thumb, I remember this, It was one of the first completed guitars I saw posted when I joined the forum, I love this, it is exactly what a great playing workhorse guitar should be. Top quality parts and void of any tone robbing ingredients, great guitar. :party07:

You can tell by the pictures that this one is going to sound great! :)
I am starting to like the 'clean/no inlay' look more and more...
it has been decided, no dots on my next project :)

EMG's and Korina work really well together.  I get a lot of bottom (not too low) and the ebony provides articulation.  My only bitch is I didn't go for a battery box.  My other guitars (with EMG's) were either rear routed or Fender's with the boat route.  This one's H/S/S and you have to take off the neck to get to the battery.  I'm planning on "modifying the pickguard, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

hey man is that a 81 or an 85 emg . i here you on the pickguard problem the only guitar i own thats not a warmoth has this set up sure is a pain thanks kayle

ive found that the 85 or even the 89 in the hum mode which sonds almost just like the 85 . are better for just a good rock sound they are fuller and have a more even tone.a little more of a paf sound. i use both the 81 85-89 but...... the 81 has that super hard rock sound that is awsome . anhoo i think youll  like the 85 or 89 if you  try one their sweet

I've always thought of the 81 vs 85 compairison to be pretty close to the Duncan Distrotion vs JB.  The 85/JB is Hi gain but cleaner. But thats just my take.

thumb55 said:
I've always thought of the 81 vs 85 compairison to be pretty close to the Duncan Distrotion vs JB.  The 85/JB is Hi gain but cleaner. But thats just my take.
you are totaly right that just about nails the dif in the two look at my koa build in the finished forum it got a emg 81 after all was said and done

Back