Tronical tuning system

Funky Phil

Have any of you tried Gibson's Robot Guitar?
It is fitted with the Tronical Tuning System...and it works!
It tunes itself to standard or open tunings.
http://www.tronical.com/

Who will be the first to make a Warmoth fitted with this system?

Gibson have bought into it, so expect great difficulty in obtaining one!

Yeah, the last time this was discussed, a lot of folks were talking about the "limitless possibilities" that this system would open up, and I see their point, BUT...it is just not something I would ever be interested in.  I like to work within the limited possibilities and break the rules in a different sort of way.  I like that I can reach up to my headstock mid-song and tune my E down to D and get that crazy WHOOOOOOWN sound.  If I wanted robots with my musical endeavors, I'd probably just be in a synthezizer band.  Like I said, though, for some folks (mainly people with deep pockets) this could be a doorway to more creative inspiration.

ibob74 said:
Call me old fashioned, but I prefer to tune my own - thanks.

+1 that bob, besides what chance a lefty? I reckon it would be fun to re-string one southpaw and see what happened when we started pressing buttons. :evil4:

So what if it breaks?......guitar gets shipped off to gibson where they have to replace ALL the tuners with a new (refurbished) set........2 months later you get your LP back. It breaks again...only this time out of warranty......parts and labor could cost you a new guitar......keep it simple

Brian

We had a long thread about this already. If you're a competent player you can tune up pretty quickly and if your guitar is decent it stays in tune fine. If you want to go back and forth between different open tunings, you have multiple guitars on stage (a rationale for GAS). Besides that, it's a damned ugly color, $2000, only Gibson can fix it, and that's enough reasons for me not to be interested.

Funky Phil said:
Have any of you tried Gibson's Robot Guitar?
It is fitted with the Tronical Tuning System...and it works!
It tunes itself to standard or open tunings.
http://www.tronical.com/

Who will be the first to make a Warmoth fitted with this system?

Gibson have bought into it, so expect great difficulty in obtaining one!

Geez, how much is Gibson paying you?  Doesn't seem that great to me.

a bunch of horse shit

did u see the cavity, they dont even shield it, the electronics must be soo powerful, your taking the organic tone out of it

I reckon it'd be cheaper to install a Hipshot trinity bridge, detuner machines, and pay somebody to tune your guitar before a gig...
plus all that extra metal = killer sustain!

Funky Phil said:
dbw - ouch  ???
Hehe... You're still cool in my book, Phil :)  But seriously, you sounded like a brochure there for a minute :D

Back