Translucent Sonic Blue - My second build

endrju.m

Greetings!

After 5 years since the initial (and a bit bumpy) build I've finally pulled a trigger and build another strat. This one is Mark Lettieri's strat inspired as I've fell in love with Translucent Sonic Blue over Swamp Ash.

Specs:

• Body: Extra light Swamp Ash, Translucent Sonic Blue, Showcase item
  • Neck: Standard thin Flame Roasted Maple, 6150 SS Frets, Showcase item
  • Tremolo: Wilkinson VG300 - with bend steel saddles
  • Pickups: Grosh Fat 60s single coils and Grosh 327 humbucker
  • Wiring: Suhr SSH inspired with Blend knob for tele sounds
  • Parchment pickguard

I'm super happy with the outcome and it's truly inspiring guitar, as well as resonant and very good sounding.

Without further ado, here are the photos:

39104432215_c35ff7b070_b.jpg

39104431935_41a91a12e7_b.jpg

26129904368_805c962837_b.jpg

26129903018_7e8e846850_b.jpg

39970702982_542172c53b_b.jpg

Wow! That is a really cool finish and an absolutely extraordinary neck. Congratulations and well done!

Damn that is classy.    I really like the opaque finish and they neck is SERIOUSLY slammed!  Love it.

Frikkin' outstanding! I've often thought about tranlucent blue and this really looks great.

Then you put that outstanding neck on it.

Very nice instrument. :icon_thumright:

That's a gorgeous axe.  Congratulations.  Your choices are solid all around.  You demonstrate the perfect implementation of the "let one thing shine and keep the rest subtle" rule.  That crazy flame in the neck is all the more appreciable by being juxtaposed against the simplicity of the body.  Well done.

That is a beautiful instrument, I love the color, its hard to tell it is translucent until you look close. Very nice choice!

Neck looks incredible, and I like the sonic blue, too.  Did you consider a one-ply pickguard?  The black line is about the only thing I don't care for.  Not that it takes much away from the creation, but I think one-ply would be my choice in this case.

TZ

Bagman67 said:
Your choices are solid all around.  You demonstrate the perfect implementation of the "let one thing shine and keep the rest subtle" rule.  That crazy flame in the neck is all the more appreciable by being juxtaposed against the simplicity of the body......
Yeah, what he said. Beautiful instrument, congratulations!  :icon_thumright:

Bagman67 said:
That's a gorgeous axe.  Congratulations.  Your choices are solid all around.  You demonstrate the perfect implementation of the "let one thing shine and keep the rest subtle" rule.  That crazy flame in the neck is all the more appreciable by being juxtaposed against the simplicity of the body.  Well done.

I can't add a thing. Exemplary piece of work!

Qualifies for this month's GOM award. Don't be shy...

That has to be the flamiest roasted maple neck around. Love the contrast with the blue!

WOW!  I really like how close the body is to opaque, but isn't quite there, with just a bit of transparency.  It's so subtle it seems to invite you to stare to take in the subtle details.  The neck is stunning.  It's rare that things achieve a great balance and can be appreciated with a quick glance, and then also stand up to scrutiny to see what caused you to find it beautiful in the first place.  This guitar does that for me.  Nothing is over the top or overdone.  It's like a beautiful woman that only wears some simple, but beautiful jewelry, and the neck is the jewelry. 

Cagey said:
Bagman67 said:

I can't add a thing. Exemplary piece of work!

Qualifies for this month's GOM award. Don't be shy...

Don’t say that....I am winning next month....

Well, you're certainly due. You hardly ever win unless you enter something  :laughing7:

Do you have any finish on the neck?  I know it's not needed with Roasted Maple, just curious!

Tupps

Yeah, I'm wondering about the neck too.  Looks a bit darker than both of my roasted flame maple necks.  It is tinted/stained at all?

Back