Tonelab LE

Soylent

Anyone besides me use the vox tonelab le?

The thing is amazing, it has a tube on board, the tone is AMAZING.

http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/tonelable/

Yep,
I've been running one in a live situation for about a year.

BTW, do you have the same annoying problem that I have?  it takes a fraction of a second for it to change programs sometimes - can be pretty annoying.

Nuh uh.. I've only had mine about a month tho, so it isn't quite broken in yet. I went to this from a boss GT-6 which was so digital it made me sick.

Messed with them in the store and thought they were very nice. What's the recording situation with these? standard line out, or more options?

Stereo out and midi..

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?base_pid=150246&cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&index=1

I went ampless last year by switching to a Tonelab SE.  Utter blasphemy, I know, but I've never sounded better.  Less to carry.  I just plug into the PA and have our soundman mix a lttle more of my guitar into my monitor and I'm good. 

Vol. Knob said:
I went ampless last year by switching to a Tonelab SE.  Utter blasphemy, I know, but I've never sounded better.  Less to carry.  I just plug into the PA and have our soundman mix a lttle more of my guitar into my monitor and I'm good.   

I've heard that a lot actually, seems to work out pretty well.. the thing does have awesome modeling..

how does the midi out work? does it change the signal to midi so you can control midi devices?

I've got a moderately-priced 12" Yamaha PA setup. Currently, we use it for our vocalist, and that's it. Would it be able to handle both vocals and my guitar if I were to plug one of these things into it?

I'd hate to kill my PA's speakers...

http://www.voxamps.com/downloads/PDF/ToneLab%20LE_Manual.pdf

USING TONELAB LE WITH A MIDI DEVICE OR COMPUTER
By using MIDI you can control ToneLab LE from a sequencer or control an external MIDI device
from ToneLab LE. You can also save ToneLab LE programs on a sequencer or MIDI data filer
that is able to transmit and receive MIDI exclusive data, and then load the program data back
into ToneLab LE when desired.

ToneLab LE can use MIDI to communicate
in the following ways with another MIDI
device. You can:
• Operate ToneLab LE to switch programs on an
external MIDI device, or switch ToneLab LE
programs from an external MIDI device.
→“Program change”
• Operate a connected optional foot controller to
control an external MIDI device, or use an
external MIDI device to control ToneLab LE’s
volume or effects. →“Control change”
• Use Sound Editor to edit parameters.
→“Parameter change”
• Backup (save) and restore (load) ToneLab LE
program data. →“Backing up and restoring
program data”

exalted said:
I've got a moderately-priced 12" Yamaha PA setup. Currently, we use it for our vocalist, and that's it. Would it be able to handle both vocals and my guitar if I were to plug one of these things into it?

I'd hate to kill my PA's speakers...

Don't worry about it - if you are not stupid loud it will work no problem.

Come to the dark side... don't be afraid... tou don't need your amp....

Back