Tone miniswitch instead of pot?

Ok, I think this should be correct but maybe wait for Jumble Jumble or someone to confirm before you get the oxy-acetylene torch lit.

I haven't drawn the earth/ground wires in so hopefully you understand what the green triangle things mean(?)

As drawn, the wide open setting will be when the toggle is down, so just rotate it if you want it the other way - before you solder.

toneswitch2.jpg

Nice Diagram Pete!  but, <ahem> it won't work.  Sorry buddy.

when the switch is in the up position, the 0.022uf cap is out of the circuit, but the 0.001uf cap won't be engaged.  Actually it will never be engaged because when the switch is up the bottom pole on the right side is disconnected.

Think you should just connect the 0.001 cap on the top side of the left hand pole.  Or something.

Yours,

Mayfly.

The diagram was based on Cederick having an 'on-on'on' type dpdt toggle switch (he said he has one). Should switch like this one:

$_1.JPG

The up (toggle down) position is meant to be NC

Hmmm, should I have used a on-off-on?

Anyway, if it works I will give it a try soon! Just dont have my guitar at home right now, but will bring it today from rehearsal.

If you had an on-off-on switch then the diagram would be as you changed it. I think it would be more fiddly to use though (bad enough anyway) as when you wanted to kick in to the wide open setting you'd have to find the middle position rather than just flicking it down.

I think my version is right for the on-on-on switch.

Yeah actually I didn't think of that, really. But it's very logical and good idea!  :)

Interesting.  I've never seen a switch like that.

In any case, if that's the way the switch works, then the diagram is correct.

Fat Pete said:
Ok, I think this should be correct but maybe wait for Jumble Jumble or someone to confirm before you get the oxy-acetylene torch lit.

I haven't drawn the earth/ground wires in so hopefully you understand what the green triangle things mean(?)

As drawn, the wide open setting will be when the toggle is down, so just rotate it if you want it the other way - before you solder.

toneswitch2.jpg

I tried this, and it doesn't work... I think!!!

First position sounds full CHECK
Second position sounds duller CHECK
Third position sounds the same  :tard:
And the volume pot makes the sound first off, then some weird phase shit going on, and then finally full volume... But there is still some strange phase stuff going on!

Turns out the volume pot must be caused by something else becuase I unsoldered the tone pot completely and the volume pot still acts weird  :dontknow:

If you read this post again? Very, very carefully, now - don't want to hurt yourself - mouse-a on uppa one line above you! (Your POST, IYKIM) You see, those words that look sort-of like: "Author Topic: Guitar wiring links.....Beginners and advanced...."

It's called a sticky! But don't worry, your fingers won't get stuck there! However, we desireth that YOUR BRAIN GETS STUCK THERE for as long as it takes to find things like "What is a diagram?", "What do all those funny little things in the diagram mean, are they going to HURT me?" Etc. What can happen in these circumstances is that in trying to bypass the correct language to transmit information in -
ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS
- it is actually making it far MORE complicated to try to say-a things in Engritch that will communicate the correct info.

When Marco Polo went to China, the very first thing he did was stamp his little foot and say "All one billion of youse ignunt foreigners just BETTER learn to speak Eye-talian or I'm-a just-a gonna take-a my ball and go-a home!" (insert "Godfather" accent as needed.)

Mamma Mia!  :eek:

http://unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=281.0

Back