TOM/angled neck pocket with string-thru (instead of Stop tailpiece)?

u.9

As my search did not find a satisfying answer... anyone know if Warmoth will do the angled neck pocket but with string-thru option instead of the stop tailpiece post holes? The custom builder only offers "TOM/STP (angled pocket)" and I don't want the stop tailpiece (going for the Dean string-thru with TOM config). Yes, I know... call them, but I'd rather check here first and waste your personal time than waste their business time :LOL:

String thru is offered for recessed TOM bridges which do not require an angled pocket. That would be your easiest option.

You will have to ask Warmoth sales for something different or even if it is available.

Now fifty press-ups for wasting forum time

String thru is offered for recessed TOM bridges which do not require an angled pocket. That would be your easiest option.

You will have to ask Warmoth sales for something different or even if it is available.

Now fifty press-ups for wasting forum time
Thank you! Hoping I can carry the spec over to this build but I can live without it if it's not an option or the upcharge is too great.

On with the press-ups! 1... 2... 3... 44... 45... 😅

I have asked or seen this asked in the past (I cant remember) but yes it is an off menu option that can be requested. I would email or call them for instructions on how to order it.

Reactions: u.9
For a string-thru setup, you might need to specify this directly when placing your order or discuss it with them to see if they can accommodate your request.

Yes, we can do it if you call in, but be aware that the results could be disappointing unless you are certain you know exactly what you're doing.

Recessed TOM's do not require an angled neck pocket precisely because they are recessed. To make one work with the angled pocket you'll have to adjust it very high above the rout, maybe so high that it exceeds the bridge's adjustment range since the studs are in the recess, not flush with the body as the are on a typical TOM/stoptail configuration.

With the TOM that proud off the body and a stingthru config you'll also likely end up with the strings putting pressure on the edge of the bridge, which can cause the bridge to become crooked over time, especially if it's way up at the end of its adjustment range.

Instead of ordering a Recessed TOM and asking for an off-menu angled neck pocket, consider ordering a TOM (Angled Neck Pocket) and asking us to omit the stoptail portion of the bridge rout. I'm not 100% sure we can do that. You'll have to call in and ask. LOL.

Regardless of what you decide, make sure to let us know how it goes so we can all learn from your.......success.

That's a sick burn, bro.

Hahaha......just trying to keep it positive.

Follow_-_up-ppt-9-320.jpg

Aaron gave you the same spiel Spike did when I asked for a recessed TOM, no string thru, universal pickup rout for my WIP Morsecaster.

Basically - they’ll do it if you want, but no refunds and they won’t commit that it will work as a final product, because they’re not sure if you know what you’re doing or not. Oh, and it’ll cost ya a shop fee.

Basically - they’ll do it if you want, but no refunds and they won’t commit that it will work as a final product, because they’re not sure if you know what you’re doing or not. Oh, and it’ll cost ya a shop fee.

That it, in a nutshell.

If you go off-roading you're on your own.

Thanks for all the responses! I should have clarified (my bad) that I also do NOT want the recessed bridge, but a non-recessed TOM with string-thru (instead of stop) and angled neck pocket (essentially the same setup as my Deans). If it's not an option, no biggie now, I have since tested and am fine with the standard option in the builder.

Slightly OT but another question that has come up as I plan out a new baritone body is if a TOM/string-thru and reverse headstock 6-inline (locking tuners) setup is too much travel for the length of standard strings (D'addarios, GHS, etc). I don't have a new set to measure and I feel it's pushing it on the wound strings' useable length.

Back