Tobacco Burst Swamp Ash Laminate

greenfuzz13

This actually is the body that is the backdrop of Warmoths new site. I stained the neck. It looks like velvet when it moves under the light. The pickups are Fender hot noiseless. It should be ready in a month or so.

Cool strat - what's left to do with it?

I have those pickups - I like them. :icon_thumright:

The neck looks very cool stained! What did you use?
this is going to be a real nice strat! congrats!

Thanks Guys,
I used General finishes brand water based stain, Light brown. All thats left really is to make the nut, install the tuners, install the pickguard and set it up. I need to let the neck cure another three weeks before I polish it out. Its good to hear that the fender hot noiseless were a good choice. I read a bunch of good reviews but never have played them.

greenfuzz13 said:
Its good to hear that the fender hot noiseless were a good choice. I read a bunch of good reviews but never have played them.

well I've read tons of bad things about them too... honestly I don't know anything about strat tone - but they sound good to me.

I'm sure that they will be fine. I am not a strat connosoir (sic) either. If I don't like 'em I can replace 'em.

Hi greenfuzz13,

did you have to modIfy the route for the bridge made by Warmoth to use the Wilkinson VSVG?

No mod necessary. What problems have you had??? Standard six hole drilling. From what I remember wilkinson or stew mac state that it is a direct replacement for standard strat trems.

Wow, nice one there greenfuzz.... :headbang:

How did you get the actual guitar that was used for the back drop? You work for Warmoth, or did that just happen to a be a body they used from the showcase or something?

And if you're going to have black hardware on it, I got the perfect neckplate. I made this one right after they changed the site, to kinda tie in with it. And just in case you're not familiar with my stuff, check out this link... :icon_biggrin:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2754.0

New-W-1.jpg

I just got lucky, They were changing the site exactly at the time I bought it. So, I didn't know. It was a body in the showcase it was one of two that I liked. There was a chamberd dragonburst that I absolutely loved and someone else nabbed it. So I got this more traditional one I am very happy with it. I am putting all gold hardware on this guitar. This is the first guitar I have ever owned with gold h w. I did consider a black neck plate though 'cause the back is solid black paint. I'll check you out.

Back