To Strat or to Tele....that's my question

ORCRiST said:
Yeah, sorry - if thats your "argument", I can find x10 pictures of muscians with more talent and reputation with strats over tele's.

It seems you love them so much, thats why you have a strat as your avatar pic, eh?  :laughing7:

Although, if your 'evidence' is old unremarkable musicians with ancient instruments, give me a second while
I dig up all the killer artists out there with harpsichords.  :icon_jokercolor:

ORC

In that case, the strat is an old man guitar also. Fire up the Schecters, ESPs, (pointy as fudge guitars).
As I stated, I believe that both the tele and strat are remarkable guitars, and I was simply sticking up for a guitar that seemed to be getting slammed alot.

Joe Strummer is the reason I wanted to play guitar, and nothing is more perfect than a Tele.  Strats are cool too, and I own more Strats than I do Teles, but if I'm playing one guitar... it's a Tele.  It's a plank of wood with two pickups.  No excuses and no gimmicks.  Strap it on and bring it.  I just considered re-writing that last line, but holy hell is it funny.

-Mark

AutoBat said:
Paul-less said:
Beck before he sold his soul to the strat
jeff-beck-530-85.jpg
No, this is Beck
beck.jpg
and
beck.jpg
There is only one Beck................... Jeff Beck  :laughing7:

I will say Beck (sans-Jeff) is a pretty talented guy. It might not fall under the board's approval, but I've had Girl stuck in my head.

Max said:
I will say Beck (sans-Jeff) is a pretty talented guy. It might not fall under the board's approval, but I've had Girl stuck in my head.

He's ok.  He's just a rich Hollyweird kid who had all the money and time in the world to steal other people's styles and ideas.

Was that enough hate, Max? <3

-Mark

AutoBat said:
I only know Jeff Beck from the M&Ms story in Wayne's World 2.

Even if you don't care for jazz, fusion or rock, no music collection is complete without at least a copy of Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow". Plus, there are no annoying, insipid lyrics to get in the way. It's all instrumental.

Cagey said:
AutoBat said:

Even if you don't care for jazz, fusion or rock, no music collection is complete without at least a copy of Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow". Plus, there are no annoying, insipid lyrics to get in the way. It's all instrumental.

Puttin' it on now  :guitarplayer2:

I think my next build is going to be a rear-routed Thinline with a Rosewood top and Wenge body with dual black P-90's and all black hardware.  I already have a beautiful quartersawn Wenge neck with an Ebony fretboard waiting for it.

lafromla1 said:
Cagey said:
AutoBat said:

Puttin' it on now   :guitarplayer2:

I can still play "Blue Wind"

Cagey said:
AutoBat said:

Well said.    I, and anybody who deluded themselves that they were a decent guitar player in the late 70's, used to play "Cause we've ended as lovers". Blow by Blow - Landmark Album. Also live at Ronnie Scott's is just genius.

Back