Thread about delevery problem deleted!!

Phrygian

I login today to update my thread about the problem with my neck (UPS Destroyed a Gorgeous Rosewood Neck) and it's gone.  Nice.  There were some harsh comments posted by OTHERS on the thread, but not a single one from me.  So what's the deal?  Any thoughts?

This is why the mods on the "unofficial" board should not be Warmoth employees.  "Unofficial" is a lie; this site is paid for and run by Warmoth.  This happened once before (that I know of), a thread critical of W getting deleted...

Looking like Warmoth isn't gonna take care of you if they act like that on this forum......

Sorry man I guess that was my fault...

dbw said:
This is why the mods on the "unofficial" board should not be Warmoth employees.  "Unofficial" is a lie; this site is paid for and run by Warmoth.  This happened once before (that I know of), a thread critical of W getting deleted...
Yea, this censorship is disconcerting.  Big Brother Warmoth.  We wouldn't want to hear people complain about UPS... god forbid.    Seems to me a professional reply from one of the "unofficial" moderators could have worked better for damage control than censorship.  War is peace... peace is war...  we have always been at war with Eastasia. 

Hmm.. it's currently 8:30ish on the East Coast, which means it 5:30am on the West Coast and everyone at Warmoth is probably still asleep, I wonder how much longer this thread stays around.

I didn't read the thread before too closely but if it was damaged by UPS, it is UPS that you have the claim with. If you signed for it, well... you are probably SOL if there was no note of damage.

Well, that means it was shipped not requiring a signature. You should be able to make a claim to UPS, gets really iffy though. Hopefully it was insured when sent? I think you have 30 days to make a claim but dont quote me on that.

You don't REALLY think the UPS guy wouldn't dare put a little squibble on his whatsit himself?

Just yesterday UPS delivered five out of six boxes of Cisco gear which I had ordered. For five the shipping status read 'delivered' and 'signature' was the name of the lady at the reception desk, the sixth also said 'delivered' but 'signature' was "Illegible". Now if that doesn't smell...

The problem is that UPS, like every similar company, finds itself stuck with some employees who are lazy and/or just plain stupid  - which is bad enough on its own - and on top of that try to cover up their screwage by fraudulent means. Since they also find themselves dealing with some customers who are just as lazy and/or plain stupid  - and ALSO try to cover up their screwage by fraudulent means, they have to find some way to keep happy the honest customers who have suffered at the hands of the crappy employees, without getting robbed by the bad customers.

By the way, since Warmoth ordered the shipping, I believe that UPS will require Warmoth to file the complaint, not the customer.

ByteFrenzy said:
By the way, since Warmoth ordered the shipping, I believe that UPS will require Warmoth to file the complaint, not the customer.

That is accurate.

FWIW,  I haven't signed for anything from UPS that wasn't COD for like 15 or 20 years.  Their policy is "driver release."

Interesting,  the last package I received from them was left alongside the driveway about 50 yds from my rural house.

Yeah, ever since I became a homeowner, I haven't signed for a single UPS package. (inlcuding my Warmoth).  They usually ring the doorbell, but just drop it on the porch and drive away.     As long as it's not broken, I don't mind.   I'm usually still at work when they drop stuff off, so I'd never get any packages if I had to sign for every single one.

I constantly have to sign for packages.

Mostly stuff from Newegg.com (computer parts). I believe companies can require the customer's signature. Either that, or the West Sacramento UPS hub is extremely uptight.

Here they also have the destinee sign off. That's not just UPS but also the others: DHL, GLS. Sometimes you'd wish they WOULD just drop it off, though. On one case there was a lot of fog in Brussels, so the flight (this was a shipment from Germany) arrived about two hours late. That delay continued to the truck rolling out. That would have meant the driver was in for two hours overtime, but he found his way out of that. Around four thirty, I suddenly saw the status change. It said that the package could not be delivered because no one was answered the door - which was kind of moronic because I was right there looking at the shipping status on my PC. It took me less than five minutes to contact both the transporter and the seller... I was really, really p*$$ed off...
I got my box early the next morning.

When you ship UPS the option for a signature required is very specific, they don't have any sort of 'driver release' policy. The shipper chooses whether a signature is required.

Wow, so the thread really was deleted. I don't like that. This place is homey. Let's keep it that way.

dwayneed said:
When you ship UPS the option for a signature required is very specific, they don't have any sort of 'driver release' policy. The shipper chooses whether a signature is required.

I've ordered from Humbucker Music a bunch of times and they require signature from UPS no matter what, and UPS still just leaves it on my porch without a signature.

Yeah, I hope Warmoth isn't going to make a habit of deleting honest feedback or bad experiences. In that case, it was directed at UPS more than anything, with one guy spazzing a little about Warmoth. If we were actually talking about a problem or complaint regarding an issue originating from the W shop, I'd sincerely hope it wouldn't be taken down. Some websites do that with negative reviews and that drives me up the wall.

J

Back