Thread about delevery problem deleted!!

Well I have good news and bad news after talking to a rep at Warmoth today...

The good news is that he said they would expedite a custom order Indian Rosewood J-Bass neck for me, same specs as the one I ordered from the Showcase   The bad news is that I have to pay the difference in cost for a custom order vs the discounted Showcase neck.  I could have choose a refund and bought a different Showcase neck, but I want Indian Rosewood,neck w/ MOP inlays... so that was my choice.

Edit:

Forgot to mention they offered to try repairing the neck.  I guess they can steam out dimples and indentations somehow.  Considering there was a chip of wood taken out of the headstook, I don't think that would help.

That seems like a very fair settlement.  It's a shame about the first one though.  Its kind of like the spouse spending $100 at a sale and then telling you how much money they saved!.

I think the wait for the new one would be the worst part though.

That's not really that good of news.  :icon_scratch:

Seems like they could have done more for you. Like apply your first shipping charge against the difference and offer you free shipping on the second neck. I don't know...SOMETHING.

Phrygian said:
Well I have good news and bad news after talking to a rep at Warmoth today...

The good news is that he said they would expedite a custom order Indian Rosewood J-Bass neck for me, same specs as the one I ordered from the Showcase   The bad news is that I have to pay the difference in cost for a custom order vs the discounted Showcase neck.  I could have choose a refund and bought a different Showcase neck, but I want Indian Rosewood,neck w/ MOP inlays... so that was my choice.

Edit:

Forgot to mention they offered to try repairing the neck.  I guess they can steam out dimples and indentations somehow.  Considering there was a chip of wood taken out of the headstook, I don't think that would help.

Getting a new one?

Yeah, I'm not too sure I would have agreed to that.  But like he said, he made the choice.  They offered him a full refund, and he declined in order to accept this offer.  I don't see any real wrong doing on their part. If this was the only choice they had given him, then yes, that would have been reprehensible, but they did offer the full refund.

You gave your money to W, not the shipper. It may not be W's fault, but it is W's responsibility. If you are happy with their offer then all is cool.

guitlouie said:
Yeah, I'm not too sure I would have agreed to that.  But like he said, he made the choice.  They offered him a full refund, and he declined in order to accept this offer.  I don't see any real wrong doing on their part. If this was the only choice they had given him, then yes, that would have been reprehensible, but they did offer the full refund.

Fair enough. I think either choice is fair, but not stellar. If I were him, I wouldn't have been entirely happy with either...but also not infuriated.

exalted said:
guitlouie said:

Fair enough. I think either choice is fair, but not stellar. If I were him, I wouldn't have been entirely happy with either...but also not infuriated.

That's pretty much how I feel about.  It's fair, but It's not the way I'd do business, but hey... I don't own a business.  The worst part is waiting for a new neck.... now watch something new that I think looks good show up within the same price range in the Showcase.

BTW, this is how my luck goes... I had ordered pickups from another company, and the wrong model pups were delivered yesterday!!  I am tempted to try them out anyway, they are Lace TransSensors.

This reminds me of when I had to wait 3.5 months for my LP neck - the first one didn't pass QC, then they made a maple one by accident (I wanted rosewood). After both screwups, they offered me a refund, after the maple one they offered a refund or a free paint job on the maple one. They were reasonable, and nice about it, and professional, but they didn't bend over backwards. The neck I finally got was so awesome I don't really care anymore though.

Two things about this thread strike me as "odd".

1. That a manufacturer is responsible for an entirely different company's actions or damages...sure, we wanna blame somebody, but Warmoth is really not responsible if the shipper damages a package. Warmoth offering a full refund for someone else's mistake is above and beyond.
See if you get that offer from another comapny under similar circumstances.

2. That "free speech" is implied as a right on a forum. There is not, and has probably never been, a forum that doesn't have it's own politics, and they are exempt form other people's idea of a democracy.
I moderate a forum, and if someone starts slinging mud, I have no responsibility to let it slide.
Moderators of the Warmoth forum let a lot of things slide, imo. If they delete something, then (a) it's their absolute right to make that call, and (b) I trust it was appropriate to do so.

Sixbender said:
Two things about this thread strike me as "odd".

1. That a manufacturer is responsible for an entirely different company's actions or damages...sure, we wanna blame somebody, but Warmoth is really not responsible if the shipper damages a package. Warmoth offering a full refund for someone else's mistake is above and beyond.
See if you get that offer from another comapny under similar circumstances.

2. That "free speech" is implied as a right on a forum. There is not, and has probably never been, a forum that doesn't have it's own politics, and they are exempt form other people's idea of a democracy.
I moderate a forum, and if someone starts slinging mud, I have no responsibility to let it slide.
Moderators of the Warmoth forum let a lot of things slide, imo. If they delete something, then (a) it's their absolute right to make that call, and (b) I trust it was appropriate to do so.

To address 1 - Other companies have done and regularly do better than that. I bought a computer case from Newegg a few years back. It was nothing fancy...cost me under 100 dollars shipped. When I got it, the side panel had a huge scratch on it. I called them, and had a new side panel in my hands two days later. No questions or offers or me paying shipping.

To address 2 - I agree deleting comments and warning people is a given. I'd like to point out, though, that this forum is supposed to be unofficial...not official. I also got an e-mail from theklanch this afternoon, saying he has been banned for his comments on the deleted thread.

If my memory serves, all he said was that it was Warmoth's responsibility to make it right. He was certainly passionate about the subject, but didn't resort to anything crude/rude. If W is going to moderate this thread and screen it for anything that makes them look the slightest bit bad...why bother to call it the "Unofficial" board? Why not just make it official?

exalted said:
If my memory serves, all he said was that it was Warmoth's responsibility to make it right. He was certainly passionate about the subject, but didn't resort to anything crude/rude. If W is going to moderate this thread and screen it for anything that makes them look the slightest bit bad...why bother to call it the "Unofficial" board? Why not just make it official?

This is sort of how I felt.  However, I do believe there were references to something illicit... so that might have been it, in addition to his past behavior on the forum.

Sixbender said:
T

+1.  There are forum moderators - they are doing their job.

BTW, I still think that W should send the original poster a new neck.  It was insured, it should be no big deal to make it right.

theklanch did get overly crude and rude but we saw that post before you did and deleted it. This was after he was given chance to contain himself by a PM. There was obviously something he didn't understand about this first post of the forum.

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3.0

All that we ask that members adhere to it.

Soooo..... moving on.....

I am going to start setting up the body, and take the neck off my Mexican J-Bass.  LOL... It'll look ugly as sin coupled with the gold and black hardware on the body.  :icon_biggrin:

I like theklanch, makes me look like an angel  :laughing7:

I've had a total of 8 necks, 8 bodies all set on my doorstep, from Warmoth. All in perfect condition.

So if one shows up dinged, big deal, it will get replaced.  I remeber the days of playin Tag with deliverymen trying to get an autograph, sometimes would add 2 weeks to get something.

I like it just the way it is now.

As far as deleting a thread is concerned, I got news for you guys, we do not have freedom of speach here, this is not a puplic place protected by the govt.

Freedom of speach doesn't mean everywhere you go, You don't have freedom of speach in my house, you say the wrong thing and you get thrown out or ass kicked. or both.

Warmoth is the host of this unofficial forum and has the duty to police it as they see fit, I am thankfull for them, and don't have a problem with sensorship here. We should sensor ourselves better

Well said Gregg and others. Klanch had more than a couple of posts which violated the board policy, much as he seemed like a great character around here, and was really helpful on some other threads.
WRT freedom of speech: people regularly misunderstand what that means. Freedom of speech means that the government can't tell you what to say and what not to say; it says NOTHING about a private company or individual's right to decide who and what gets said on their air / server time. This incident is as much a violation of free speech as if I were ranting naked in the streets in front of a CBS camera crew and they chose not to use the footage - i.e. that's not what free speech is.

My question is what are they going to do with the old neck? I understand you've agreed to buy a fresh new neck and are paying the difference. They said it might be repairable - why not let them try and take it off their hands at a fraction of the original cost - couldn't hurt to have a spare neck even if it's a little bit of a beater.  :headbang1:

I know I'm a noob - but as someone in a customer service role - I think if any of us have a problem we should always go to "W" first before airing it out here on the forum. I've seen this a lot since I've been stalking around here - guys pissing and moaning about this issue or that and you can tell they haven't  even contacted "W" to discuss the issue. Not saying the original poster did that in this case - but some of the comments on the original thread seemed a little over the top and unnecessary. If there are particular problems with Warmoth it's great that we can air them out here so others know - but at least give Warmoth the opportunity to correct their issues.

Back