This is a Warmoth?!?

richship said:
Jusatele said:
so again you want to twist the subject instead of answering the question?

No one is under any obligation to answer your question. Any question includes assumptions that merely answering would validate. Instead, people are providing information relating to your general claims. Demanding answers to arbitrary questions is a poor form of argument.
general claims?
no, they say that it is not a scammers paradise, but admit they have to use a set of techniques to make sure they are not getting scammed

I simply say that if you need to have rules to make sure you are not getting scammed, then you are in a place scammers abound.

so when they say they have to use these methods, they in fact reinforce my statement.

As they refuse to answer the question, they again reinforce what I say.

I am not the one trying to change the subject, I keep referring back to the original question that they will not answer. I have been told any intelligent person would not do business without the checklist, I say why bother, if you know it is a den of thieves and you need rules to do business, then you admit it is a den of thieves, however they will not admit that.

I only want them to admit when I say EBAY IS THE HOME OF THE SCAMMER they reinforce my statement by saying you need to have a set of rules not to get scammed.

Will throwing these in help get the thread locked?

Global warming is a scam.
Climate change is man-made.
Oil is not a fossil fuel - it is abiotic.
We are running out of oil.
Guitar Center only carries the highest quality products at the best prices.
Guitar Center sucks.
Floyd Rose trems rock.
Floyd Rose trems suck.

Why can't you guys just let people have their debate? It's staying pretty tame. It is going in circles yes but why cry for the padlock? If you don't have a dog in the fight can't you just stay out?

Jusatele said:
I only want them to admit when I say EBAY IS THE HOME OF THE SCAMMER they reinforce my statement by saying you need to have a set of rules not to get scammed.

I will admit that the world is the home of the scammer. I have a set of rules I use in all transactions. Those rules are tailored to the environment I'm in. When people relate the tailored rules they use on ebay, they are providing useful information. They owe you no admissions.

bagman67 said:
Would someone please just mention Hitler so the thread will get locked?

What's the point, he'll just show up in another thread to complain about clouds or something

Jusatele said:

Let's try this one more time...

Your logic dictates that eBay is the home of the scammer because you need to have rules to make sure you are not getting scammed.

Jusatele said:
I simply say that if you need to have rules to make sure you are not getting scammed, then you are in a place scammers abound.

Okay! So any place you shop at that requires rules to avoid getting scammed is a place where scammers abound. Right? I just quoted you stating that.

Again I ask a question you've previously avoided answering:

Am I correct to assume that you NEVER purchase anything from an online/phone/mail-order retailer? You only buy local and always pay cash?

By your definition, all of the above are places where scammers abound, since you have to have rules to be safe with them.

The world anxiously awaits your answer...

pabloman said:
Next I bet your gonna say its easy to get ripped off in Mexico.
Actually, in all my travels there, and I live 90 miles from the border, I find the people there are more honest than the people in the USA
but that is just me. I also do a big charity event there once a year where we 4x4 down to a village we donate time and material to each year, spend a week working there and then a week 4x4ing the local area. I hope the problems they are having right now with the Narcos is soon solved as the country is a beautiful place and the culture is a great thing to experience.

pabloman said:
Why can't you guys just let people have their debate? It's staying pretty tame. It is going in circles yes but why cry for the padlock? If you don't have a dog in the fight can't you just stay out?
you know Pablo, some guys won't let us have fun. I mean who cares who wins, it will not matter in a week,we will be ragging about something else.  :redflag:

Ya kinda sucks. I love the whole "I don't want to read this crap" defense that a lot of junior mods like to use. Then don't is the only logical reply.

maybe we should put that in our sigs

If you don't want to read it, Don't

think they might find that in humor?

PS, saw a 1950 Buick Roadmaster Riviera at a car show this weekend and thought about you and your love of Buicks
Now I thought the Riviera name came out is 63, but he said it was first used in 49, Sweet car. I did not have a camera and was kinda bummed because I wanted to get a picture for you.

The wiki article is a good read on Rivieras.  here's a 1950 56R Riviera:
195056R.JPG

pabloman said:
Ya kinda sucks. I love the whole "I don't want to read this crap" defense that a lot of junior mods like to use. Then don't is the only logical reply.

Point taken.  I can quit whining.  I might do just that, even.
:icon_jokercolor:

Back