This is a Warmoth?!?

Lol.
I sent the dude a question through eBay asking if he's read the licensing agreement. :tard:

There are so many things wrong here, I don't know where to start.

Well, he's got a Warmoth sticker for it! LOL!

What are those, $1.50? $3.50 if you get the metal one?

I'll never understand the sticker cheat move. It identifies you as either ignorant, underhanded, duplicitous or vain. Perhaps all the above. In any case, not positive characteristics you'd think anyone would want associated with them.

But all he really wants is to sell the guitar to someone who will play it....not let it collect dust :doh:

It's all about the music man!!! :laughing7:

Here is his response:

Hey Joey. I am familiar with Fenders agreement with Warmoth, which simply states that Warmoth needs to give credit to Fender for their trademarked Headstock shapes (Strats and Teles) by clearly marking all of their necks and bodies with a "Warmoth: Licensed by Fender" logo. This guitar was a CUSTOM BUILD guitar built for me by Warmoth, a deviation from their normal shapes and styles. This guitar also does not have a Fender Headstock nor does is have a Fender body shape, so it did not violate copyrights and licensing. I also specifically asked them not to brand the guitar with their typical WARMOTH Black Logo. Warmoth DOES do one piece guitars, you just have to have money to make it worth their time. Thank you for your question.

what did you do Joey? you made him remove his listing?

anyway, he may  have been confused with Musikraft..  if Warmoth offered the option to do neck through constructions, I think that someone here would have heard about this..

FYI, Ken did a couple of neck through guitars in the very early years of Warmoth.  I don't recognize the shape of this particular guitar though.

Wyliee said:
FYI, Ken did a couple of neck through guitars in the very early years of Warmoth.  I don't recognize the shape of this particular guitar though.

There's been one on the local Craigslist a few times, assembled by Lynn.

-Mark

Wyliee said:

Ken doing a few neck-throughs, sure, that's plausible. A dude having Warmoth fill a custom order like this one? I have a hard time believing that. :dontknow:

here is the answer I got.  I suspect after at least two people questioned the add...he took it down.  Shame...its not a bad looking guitar.  Just don't place misleading ads:

Warmoth usually makes bolt-on bodies and necks which they keep in stock always. Warmoth does do one piece guitars, but you have to contact them and specify what you want. They will also charge you a "modest" fee for the extra effort of deviating from their usual designs. I drew the design for this guitar myself. If you've ever seen Warmoth designs before, this guitar is a slight modification of the Warmoth "Z-Body".

z-Body?!?!?!?! :sad1:

It's back!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Build-Guitar-built-Warmoth-/250807893551?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a6550be2f#ht_744wt_1139

Doesn't look like he changed a thing. 

Oh, well. No worries. Either somebody will buy it or they won't. Whaddaya gonna do? Anybody here wanna pony up the dough to sue him for false advertising? I'm not a lawyer, but I'm not sure you can even do that on someone else's behalf unless you're a member of the bar and get the injured party (Warmoth) to hire you as a legal representative. Warmoth isn't acting injured here (not that they'd share their legal woes with us if they were), so it's just a curiosity. Put the thing on your "Watch List" and see what it goes for.

I find it interesting that somebody wants to attach the cachet of being a Warmoth product to their instrument. Says more about the public perception of Warmoth than it does about anything else.

he probably reposted so the questions we asked would not be seen.  Someone elses turn to torment....... :evil4:

Like I said...sad because it is a nicely done axe...as far as I can tell.  May play like $H!T

Back