This is a mind boggler....

rapfohl09

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=s3755&Body=2&Path=Body

Look at this body, yes the first thing that strikes you is those two completely mismatched body pieces. That hit me first too, and to be honest I thought it was kind of cool. I immediately thought of a batman themed two-face guitar, but thats besides the point. Now what really caught my eye, is the fact that this thing almost weighs 5 lbs! Holy cow, a poplar strat? What do you guys think?

On top of that, I threw out my ideas, what would you guys do with this guitar?

Honestly a good portion of the solid colored guitars in the showcase probably look like that underneath, and it's not that heavy - I have a poplar body next to me that weighs more. My LP body is nearly 6 lbs.

Yeah.. solid colour or a flake finish or something.

Or i'd probably put a solid colour on it and hand it to my buddy to do some artwork before sealing it.

Volitions Advocate said:
Yeah.. solid colour or a flake finish or something.

Or i'd probably put a solid colour on it and hand it to my buddy to do some artwork before sealing it.
+1.  Definitely a good candidate for funky graphics and opaque finishes.

tfarny said:
Honestly a good portion of the solid colored guitars in the showcase probably look like that underneath, and it's not that heavy - I have a poplar body next to me that weighs more. My LP body is nearly 6 lbs.

+1

Back