this body plus this neck-- mmmmm

nathan a

Senior member
Messages
1,836
This makes me drool.

Also, damn you, top router.

PS2579a.jpg


SN4523a.jpg
 

jackthehack

Senior member
Messages
5,630
That would definitely rock, too bad about the top route, but in this case you're not covering up interesting grain
 

TroubledTreble

Senior member
Messages
830
I like that combo a lot!! I think you will be very pleased with the results tone wise.. wooooooooo!! !! and the raw neck, OH YEAH!!

-TT-
 

nathan a

Senior member
Messages
1,836
I think one of the coolest things about it, rear routed, would be that the grain  in the fingerboard would carry over and match up with that grain line through the pickup routes in the body. Oh well.
 

willyk

Senior member
Messages
1,278
Is that the one with the brown shell pickguard as picture 3 in the showcase? That neck makes a much better companion! :glasses9:
 
R

RLW

Guest
willyk said:
Is that the one with the brown shell pickguard as picture 3 in the showcase? That neck makes a much better companion! :glasses9:

Yep, PS2579.
 

m4rk0

Senior member
Messages
5,383
Oh my God! how tempting!!
I need to resist!!!  :tard: :sad1: :-\ :confused4: :tard:
 

TroubledTreble

Senior member
Messages
830
m4rk0 said:
Oh my God! how tempting!!
I need to resist!!!  :tard: :sad1: :-\ :confused4: :tard:

No need to resist.. go ahead get it, you'll love it!! That neck is a great price! Don't think, just do.... You deserve it!


:evil4: -TT-
 

NonsenseTele

Senior member
Messages
8,256
I've been watching this body since it come to Showcase... but no money to get it, I've just bought a car  :tard:
Sad...
But it's nice that one guy from here would get! So, don't be slow or you can lose it!  :icon_biggrin:

About the pickguard, I do prefer black...

(EDIT: In this body, in Black Korina with a more dark color, I prefer it in light color)
 

Attachments

  • Warmoth Strat Black Korina Double.JPG
    Warmoth Strat Black Korina Double.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 354
  • Warmoth Strat Black Korina Double Modified.JPG
    Warmoth Strat Black Korina Double Modified.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 355

stubhead

Senior member
Messages
4,669
Has anyone ever thought about making a baby pickguard for a Strat, that would just barely cover the routes and leave the lower horn unmolested? There seems to be more and more pretty Strat and P-bass bodies coming out that cry for some exhibitionism.
 

Justinginn

Senior member
Messages
631
Well... if it were boatneck or fatback, I just might  :icon_jokercolor:
Unfortunately, I've got my heart set on a really thick neck
Sigh
 

Bill in SC

Senior member
Messages
201
It would suit me to see all the showcase bodies NOT routed for pickups at all. Probably would increase sales. I frequently see bodies that scream 'ME", until I see the already routed configuration. That's just MHO though.
BB in SC
 

NonsenseTele

Senior member
Messages
8,256
Bill in SC said:
It would suit me to see all the showcase bodies NOT routed for pickups at all. Probably would increase sales. I frequently see bodies that scream 'ME", until I see the already routed configuration. That's just MHO though.
BB in SC
I believe they don't do it because they are always busy... this would be an hell work twice in each body... but is the BEST solution, if they have how to do it, of course
 
R

RLW

Guest
Bill in SC said:
It would suit me to see all the showcase bodies NOT routed for pickups at all. Probably would increase sales. I frequently see bodies that scream 'ME", until I see the already routed configuration. That's just MHO though.
BB in SC

I mentioned in another thread how nice it might be to see even 2 or 3 Showcase Tele's without pickup routes. I'm dying to do a black korina rear-routed Esquire, but I really want to see the wood first. And yes, I am a crybaby! It's always something.

:dontknow:
 

NonsenseTele

Senior member
Messages
8,256
RLW said:
I mentioned in another thread how nice it might be to see even 2 or 3 Showcase Tele's without pickup routes. I'm dying to do a black korina rear-routed Esquire, but I really want to see the wood first. And yes, I am a crybaby! It's always something.
:dontknow:

Me to!

Spalted Maple, Black Korina are two of some woods that has so big color/figuring differences that you should look to it before buy... I, for example, would be very mad if I made an order to S.M. and it came a redish one...  :laughing7:
 

jackthehack

Senior member
Messages
5,630
It's not just the PU routes, as you can always have them re-routed for P90s/HBs/Strat SCs; I'd like to see more WITHOUT the std. Tele bridge routing so you could order bridge routing for TOM/Gotoh 510 wraparounds/TOM string throughs...
 

Jwheeler

Active member
Messages
92
jackthehack said:
It's not just the PU routes, as you can always have them re-routed for P90s/HBs/Strat SCs; I'd like to see more WITHOUT the std. Tele bridge routing so you could order bridge routing for TOM/Gotoh 510 wraparounds/TOM string throughs...

+_5
 

nathan a

Senior member
Messages
1,836
I'd like to see LPs routed for P90s!

I agree nonsense, the body i picked, with a black guard. And creme pup covers and knobs, a la SRV
 
Top