Thinline Tele, problems with neck weight, unbalanced instrument??

guys, if you read my query, i am talking about strap button placement for better balance - not about tuner weight etc.

vtpcnk said:
guys, if you read my query, i am talking about strap button placement for better balance - not about tuner weight etc.

This maybe true but I think we're still discussing the original question from the beginning of this thread. Start a new thread.

Telenator said:
vtpcnk said:

This maybe true but I think we're still discussing the original question from the beginning of this thread. Start a new thread.

Exactly, I was answering a question the original poster had about Sperzels not a question you had mid-thread.

vtpcnk said:
hey any suggestions on what the strap button is to be placed for a decent balance with a heavier neck and lighter body?

any photos?

No, seriously, i'd like to have this answered too. Not only would it be annoying if we started a new thread for every question asked within another thread, but it also pertains to the original question asked and would probably help the original asker.

In terms of strap lock placement, I recommend you read a book like Dan Erlwine's Guitar Repair Guide.  Books are good.

Where else are you going to put the strap buttons? I don't know what you guys are expecting. You put it in the normal spot. On a guitar where the upper bout is small or not there, like an SG or something, you can try the neck plate. That's about it really.

tfarny, what did you mean by this : lighter tuners, moving strap buttons, heavier bridge.

i thought you were talking about physically moving strap buttons to another spot for greater balance.

Hmm, I guess you busted me. I could defend myself but what's the point - sorry for being confusing.  :-\ :tard:

>I could defend myself

nobody is accusing you of anything man.

you said something, i thought it was something else and so wanted clarification.

it is just a misunderstanding. that is all.

but what exactly did you mean by "moving strap buttons"?

One way to get ideas is to go to a place where they sell guitars and look yourself where they place them.

Back