Thinking of buying this.

JamesL said:
See, What I am going for is: I plan the whole thing out before I buy, but I can't make up my mind, so hopefully buys it before me and I won't have to worry about it.
:laughing7:
:tard: :icon_jokercolor:

I actually just got back from the bank.. I had to transfer from saving to checking for the debit card... I WAS going to actually buy  it....

That really sucks :( I was really looking forward to see it completed!
and no, it was not me.. (unfortunately)

Now I have a spare 500& sitting in my checking account.............................................. :help: :redflag: :redflag: :redflag: :redflag:

Wow, sounds like times are tough, JamesL.  You should alleviate the financial crisis in your bank account by providing me with a $500 bailout.  :guitarplayer2:

:toothy11:

Ummm... hi, guys.  Not sure if this is the best time to introduce myself to the forum, but...

Yeah, it was me.  I didn't come here to gloat or anything - just, while I was on the phone completing the order, dude from the shop asked if I hung out here, I said no, and he said, "Oh I was just wondering because there was a lot of buzz about that body today."

So, I actually had been planning a build for about the last month, using one of the pao ferro WGD bodies.  Yesterday I finally was ready to order... and a funny thing happened while I was navigating to it:  I saw this baby and my jaw dropped.  I stopped in my tracks, and almost bought it right then and there.  Thought about it for about an hour, thought it wasn't going to last long if I didn't get it, so I pulled the trigger.

If it ain't going to rub anybody wrong, I'd be happy to post pics as she comes along.

I am a bit in limbo on the neck and fingerboard now -- I had it all figured out for the WGD, but this thing has a different character so I'm back to square one.  I plan on getting the neck from Doug at www.soulmateguitars.com.  And I'm thinking that the headstock might be laminated with PF... but hell I don't know anymore!

And BTW, this is my first build.

I saw that the other day.  Absolutely stunning.  I'm really glad that I have no desire at this time to build yet another guitar.

Welcome to the foum, Rads!  :eek:ccasion14:

I would tell you to buy the neck for Warmoth, it's easier to find it suitable from the same builder  :icon_thumright:
What are you thinking in the neck?

JamesL said:
Now I have a spare 500& sitting in my checking account.............................................. :help: :redflag: :redflag: :redflag: :redflag:
http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?type=guitar&start=51&itemNumber=S2936&menuItem=1&subMenuItem=0&subMenuItem2=0
S2936a.jpg

:cool01:

On a different note, I'm happy to see some of these gorgeously topped Strat bodies NOT top routed.  :hello2:

RadsRock said:
:toothy11:

Ummm... hi, guys.  Not sure if this is the best time to introduce myself to the forum, but...

Yeah, it was me.  I didn't come here to gloat or anything - just, while I was on the phone completing the order, dude from the shop asked if I hung out here, I said no, and he said, "Oh I was just wondering because there was a lot of buzz about that body today."

So, I actually had been planning a build for about the last month, using one of the pao ferro WGD bodies.  Yesterday I finally was ready to order... and a funny thing happened while I was navigating to it:  I saw this baby and my jaw dropped.  I stopped in my tracks, and almost bought it right then and there.  Thought about it for about an hour, thought it wasn't going to last long if I didn't get it, so I pulled the trigger.

If it ain't going to rub anybody wrong, I'd be happy to post pics as she comes along.

I am a bit in limbo on the neck and fingerboard now -- I had it all figured out for the WGD, but this thing has a different character so I'm back to square one.  I plan on getting the neck from Doug at www.soulmateguitars.com.  And I'm thinking that the headstock might be laminated with PF... but hell I don't know anymore!

And BTW, this is my first build.

[/quote/]

I hate you... Haha, Kidding, Well I'm glad to see that you joined the board, maybe I can at least see it finished now.  :eek:ccasion14:

Back