Thinking of buying this.

JamesL

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_bodies.cfm?itemNumber=S2930&type=guitar
I just came a little...

With a solid Canary neck? thoughts?

JamesL

S2930a.jpg

S2930b.jpg

m4rk0

Wow, doesn't get much nicer than that!
Go for it! Normally I would have taken it before you had a chance to buy it,
but unfortunately i have to postpone all my projects so I can focus on the economic crisis!

m4rk0

crap I can't believe how sexy that is!
with my favorite body wood too..
all it needs is a solid pau ferro neck, 2 cream humbuckers, some black or gold hardware!
that would make the nicest strat ever! drule

jackthehack

There are a number of nice all Pau Ferro necks that would look better on that than a canary one....

m4rk0

Canary could be nice too..
I am not sure how it would fit with the korina back once it is finished. when I put my thinline together, I initially didn't like the way the goncalo looked on the korina. pau ferro or rosewood would make a nice contrast.

July212008023.jpg

I got used to it and love it now :)

if that strat body had an f hole, it could make a great little brother for my thinline though  :icon_biggrin:

rhythm

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?type=guitar&itemNumber=TN1943

Hey, my favourite all pao ferro neck went from the showcase. Did you buy it? If you did, you got the nicest looking dark neck I have ever seen in the showcase. If this had stayed on till next month I would have had it.

jmohil

Wow, that's a nice top.  Canary would look good, but I really like the suggestion of the all pao ferro neck.  Paotastic!

JamesL

I think the canary would be a nice contrast though!!!!!!

Can't you guys just agree with me????

See, What I am going for is: I plan the whole thing out before I buy, but I can't make up my mind, so hopefully buys it before me and I won't have to worry about it.
:laughing7:

m4rk0

No Max, James is not allowed to have any inlay on this one  :icon_biggrin: also, it definetly needs a strat (non CBS) headstock.

Come on James, you are the pro rockstar now.. and this has rockstar written all over it!!

blue313

The canary would make for a nice contrast, especially if its got nice reddish striping. 

I'm not positive but I think the PF one will be a little heavier.  The one on my Tele weighed in at 2.1 lbs but balanced out perfectly on a 4.5 lb body.